User Tag List

Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like M.Ahsan is using a VTZF as well but FB repainted...do basically no international players actually uses FB for tournament?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Tuesday was the first time I've played with the VTZF2, but it was training day. So testing was minimal, and I always use 'older' rackets for training. But last Thursday, Friday and Sunday, there was plenty of time to test this racket. I always start with the VT-ZF to get used to the head heaviness of these rackets and to compare the old and new one.

Coming from a 2U-G5 Carbonex 30 MS, the 3U-G4 VTZF was manageable. I did not had any problems playing with the racket. The only downside was that is still lacks some accuracy and only when playing on the limit in terms of speed (Fast attacks from the wrist and fast defenses) I noticed some mistiming. But thatís expected from a racket which has been designed completely different. Still, the power of this racket is one of the most powerfull rackets on the market.

After I get used to the VTZF, it was time to test the VT-ZF2. The First noticeable thing is that this racket felt lighter and easier to manoeuvre. Because it's lighter, the first blocks and drops on the net, were too short. It's not much, but if you are playing on the edges, these differences are noticeable. The feeling was more solid and gave me a good feedback on the shuttle. In terms of feel, I prefer this racket over the older VT-ZF. The control of the VTZF2 is also better. Not sure if it has something to do with the stiffness, but the racket gave me a better control and accuracy. Speaking of stiffness, the racket bends just as much as the VTZF when putting some weight on it. Given the fact that the shaft is thinner, the material used must be stronger. Well done!

When it comes to smashes, the VTZF2 felt better, but I donít think it smashes harder. Sure, it was easier to smash and the solid feel gave me the feeling that the smashes were hard, but the ease my opponents returned the smashes stated otherwise. Still itís easier to smash due to the lighter balance and air resistance. I don't think the VT-ZF2 is more powerful than the older model, but it's just easier to generate the power. And the fact that it's a faster racket to manouvre, makes it a better allround racket compared to the first version. It's even possible to smash from the wrist, which was almost undo-able with the VT-ZF.

Comparing the racket to the Nanoray Z-Speed, the Z-Speed has clearly been designed differently. Offcourse the NS-ZS felt lighter, but also faster. If you want to compare the Z-Speed and the Z-Force2, the only thing in common, is the head shape. But the transition from the Z-Force2 to the Z-Speed is an easy one. I did not had any timing issues.

I'm very excited about the VT-ZF2. The problem with the VT-ZF1 is that it was very head heavy, so rather slow in movement, but when you get used to it, it's like a hammer: very powerfull. The downside was that it was not easy to manouvre. They have fixed this somewhat in the VT-ZF2, and I'm also pleased that the sticker problem has been solved. To me, this is not really a Voltric Z-Force II. It's a complete different racket, and it was not really necessary to discontinue the old one. But if Yonex wants to sell the new racket at the same price, there is really no need to keep the first version alive. I would not hesitate buying the second generation. In my opinion, the VT-ZF was always the more powerfull one and the VT80 the one with more control. With the VT-ZF2, it's maybe time for VT80 players to test this new racket.

So the Nanoray has a new topmodel, and the VT-ZF has been updated. I really wonder why Yonex did not work on the update for the Arcsaber Z-Slash and updated the VT-ZF instead. Playing with the ARC-ZS after the NR-ZS and VT-ZF2, makes the ARC-ZS very outdated. It felt soft, and still has timing issues. I hope the ARC-ZS will be updated to the current standard, because if it's not, I'm expecting it to be replaced with a new line of even balanced rackets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonexFan View Post
    Last Tuesday was the first time I've played with the VTZF2, but it was training day. So testing was minimal, and I always use 'older' rackets for training. But last Thursday, Friday and Sunday, there was plenty of time to test this racket. I always start with the VT-ZF to get used to the head heaviness of these rackets and to compare the old and new one.

Coming from a 2U-G5 Carbonex 30 MS, the 3U-G4 VTZF was manageable. I did not had any problems playing with the racket. The only downside was that is still lacks some accuracy and only when playing on the limit in terms of speed (Fast attacks from the wrist and fast defenses) I noticed some mistiming. But thatís expected from a racket which has been designed completely different. Still, the power of this racket is one of the most powerfull rackets on the market.

After I get used to the VTZF, it was time to test the VT-ZF2. The First noticeable thing is that this racket felt lighter and easier to manoeuvre. Because it's lighter, the first blocks and drops on the net, were too short. It's not much, but if you are playing on the edges, these differences are noticeable. The feeling was more solid and gave me a good feedback on the shuttle. In terms of feel, I prefer this racket over the older VT-ZF. The control of the VTZF2 is also better. Not sure if it has something to do with the stiffness, but the racket gave me a better control and accuracy. Speaking of stiffness, the racket bends just as much as the VTZF when putting some weight on it. Given the fact that the shaft is thinner, the material used must be stronger. Well done!

When it comes to smashes, the VTZF2 felt better, but I donít think it smashes harder. Sure, it was easier to smash and the solid feel gave me the feeling that the smashes were hard, but the ease my opponents returned the smashes stated otherwise. Still itís easier to smash due to the lighter balance and air resistance. I don't think the VT-ZF2 is more powerful than the older model, but it's just easier to generate the power. And the fact that it's a faster racket to manouvre, makes it a better allround racket compared to the first version. It's even possible to smash from the wrist, which was almost undo-able with the VT-ZF.

Comparing the racket to the Nanoray Z-Speed, the Z-Speed has clearly been designed differently. Offcourse the NS-ZS felt lighter, but also faster. If you want to compare the Z-Speed and the Z-Force2, the only thing in common, is the head shape. But the transition from the Z-Force2 to the Z-Speed is an easy one. I did not had any timing issues.

I'm very excited about the VT-ZF2. The problem with the VT-ZF1 is that it was very head heavy, so rather slow in movement, but when you get used to it, it's like a hammer: very powerfull. The downside was that it was not easy to manouvre. They have fixed this somewhat in the VT-ZF2, and I'm also pleased that the sticker problem has been solved. To me, this is not really a Voltric Z-Force II. It's a complete different racket, and it was not really necessary to discontinue the old one. But if Yonex wants to sell the new racket at the same price, there is really no need to keep the first version alive. I would not hesitate buying the second generation. In my opinion, the VT-ZF was always the more powerfull one and the VT80 the one with more control. With the VT-ZF2, it's maybe time for VT80 players to test this new racket.

So the Nanoray has a new topmodel, and the VT-ZF has been updated. I really wonder why Yonex did not work on the update for the Arcsaber Z-Slash and updated the VT-ZF instead. Playing with the ARC-ZS after the NR-ZS and VT-ZF2, makes the ARC-ZS very outdated. It felt soft, and still has timing issues. I hope the ARC-ZS will be updated to the current standard, because if it's not, I'm expecting it to be replaced with a new line of even balanced rackets.
    Fantastic post and impressions. One of the best yet!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many of the new owners stringed 2 knots or 4 knots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree on ZF2 being different to Zf1.
    Transition from FB to ZF2 is not a problem if you can handle the smaller frame.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now have a ZFII for testing.

I'll report again when I get the opportunity to play. I'm going to borrow a ZF so I can compare.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I now have a ZFII for testing.

I'll report again when I get the opportunity to play. I'm going to borrow a ZF so I can compare.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Interested to hear your thoughts. Try and get them strung at the same tension if you can. Ideally a fairly high one, as low tensions on these sorts of ultra stiff head heavy rackets could be counter intuitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Interested to hear your thoughts. Try and get them strung at the same tension if you can. Ideally a fairly high one, as low tensions on these sorts of ultra stiff head heavy rackets could be counter intuitive.
    Naim, if I always string my zf with 23x25lbs, does it mean that I never bring out the potential of my racket?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nelson1990 View Post
    Naim, if I always string my zf with 23x25lbs, does it mean that I never bring out the potential of my racket?
    Depends on what sort of a player you are I guess. Some people may prefer lower tensions. I personally find 26-27lbs about my max threshold, after that, for my swing, it gets too demanding and hard hitting for me to properly manage. But with my ZF2 I'm currently using ZM62 at 24/25 and it feels great. This thin guage string seems to prefer a slightly lower tension than I usually go for.

But I've noticed in some of Paul's reviews he's using rackets strung slightly higher, and then others lower. Would be nice to get the two he's going to compare matching for best comparison purposes! Get the feeling Paul has a pretty strong shoulder and arm as he seems to get on with head heavy rackets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Naim.F.C View Post
    Depends on what sort of a player you are I guess. Some people may prefer lower tensions. I personally find 26-27lbs about my max threshold, after that, for my swing, it gets too demanding and hard hitting for me to properly manage. But with my ZF2 I'm currently using ZM62 at 24/25 and it feels great. This thin guage string seems to prefer a slightly lower tension than I usually go for.

But I've noticed in some of Paul's reviews he's using rackets strung slightly higher, and then others lower. Would be nice to get the two he's going to compare matching for best comparison purposes! Get the feeling Paul has a pretty strong shoulder and arm as he seems to get on with head heavy rackets.
    Ok! I'm a offensive player but 23x25 is my limit. Well, I hope Paul can bring us more info about his review!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my eye on this racket for a while now since it's quite simply the best looking racket I've ever seen.

Now my question is, my current go-to racket is the MX JJS. How does the Z-Force II's balance and stiffness compare to the JJS?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBadmint View Post
    I've had my eye on this racket for a while now since it's quite simply the best looking racket I've ever seen.

Now my question is, my current go-to racket is the MX JJS. How does the Z-Force II's balance and stiffness compare to the JJS?
    I'm going to do a full comparison soon, but the JJS is also my go to, and I've only had one play session with the ZF2, with my next being on Wednesday.

The ZF2 is slightly head heavier than my JJS (308mm vs 306mm), and it's also slightly stiffer (9/10 vs 8/10). So in that regard they're quite similarly spec'd, but very different in head shape, slimness and general design.

All I'll say for now is that the ZF2 packs a bit more of a punch over the JJS, and does not really lose out much, if anything on manoeuvrability either. However, it is less forgiving on both my shoulder and in terms of timing, since the head is smaller, but you do get used to it pretty quickly.

I'll form my full opinion after Wednesdays games, but for now I'm very keen on both the JJS and the ZF2. Both are aggressive rackets that do not sacrifice much in the way of speed and handling, and have a very solid and rewarding feel. I do get a touch more hold with the JJS, compared to a more direct snap from the ZF2, but I think that added crispness and stiffness of the ZF2 could be moulded to being an advantage in my game after more practice.

Will update soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that quick comparison. Seems like the ZF2 will be a pretty good match for me.

The extra head heaviness without the speed penalty due to the smaller frame is exactly what I'm looking for. I've played with the Z-Speed (same frame shape as the ZF2) and I didn't have any timing issues so I hope it'll be the same with the ZF2.

Although, I was hoping the ZF2 would be around the same stiffness or just a bit less than the JJS but beggars can't be choosers!

In terms of where the weight is distributed in the head, is it still like the original ZF where it's basically all at the 12 o'clock position? Or is it more like the JJS where the weight is more around the 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock positions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBadmint View Post
    Thanks for that quick comparison. Seems like the ZF2 will be a pretty good match for me.

The extra head heaviness without the speed penalty due to the smaller frame is exactly what I'm looking for. I've played with the Z-Speed (same frame shape as the ZF2) and I didn't have any timing issues so I hope it'll be the same with the ZF2.

Although, I was hoping the ZF2 would be around the same stiffness or just a bit less than the JJS but beggars can't be choosers!

In terms of where the weight is distributed in the head, is it still like the original ZF where it's basically all at the 12 o'clock position? Or is it more like the JJS where the weight is more around the 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock positions?
    Just checked for you, and I honestly can't really make it out lol. I think….the ZF2 has more of it's weight at the 12 o'clock position compared to the JJS, but I can't really tell for sure. Is there any particular way to measure or gauge this? Because holding the rackets at the handles, both seem to sway in the head frame direction either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i had the opportunity to have a few games with my ZF2 (3U), and im not sure whether my cold is affecting my strokes or not, but i am not able to extract the power i had expected.

i trialed a demo, though it was a 4U, and had a great time with it, though the string tension is much less than what i normally use.

Though i can feel the swing speed is faster and lighter, i had a blissful time up front at the net both attacking at defending, controlling with ease.

I already play with a 3U ZF1 without any issues, and my go to is the flypower tornado800 once i feel my muscles are exhausted.

hopefully i can fully realise the potential of the ZF2 once i have recovered from my cold.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ its probably because of daylight savings. Try again in a couple days or something.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nelson1990 View Post
    Ok! I'm a offensive player but 23x25 is my limit. Well, I hope Paul can bring us more info about his review!
    DO NOT go for a higher tension than you normally would. Stick with what you know, and adjust from there.

The ZFII does not 'require' higher tensions. If anything, if it's a more rigid structure than your current go-to racket, you may need lower tensions to replicate the feel and avoid injury.

Stick with what you know, at least initially.

Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast