User Tag List

Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 ... LastLast
Results 86 to 102 of 1465
  1. #86
    Regular Member TeddyC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    438
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chill out, dudes!

    Regardless of individual level n regardless of gender, choice of rackets really differ frm one person to another. It is a personal choice thru freedom of rights to choose one's own racket based on rackets' specs, playing style n preference. This personal choice should not b imposed on another.

    Many ppl might b able to wield such high-end rackets, n others play better with mid-level rackets. Just bcoz some ppl r not able to wield extra stiff rackets do not necessarily mean they r categorised into lower playing level. It all boils down to personal choice, really! And nothing else.

  2. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    M'sia KL
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ^
    Cant agree more...i dont see how level of play is tied to racket preference. Can we say those playing with less head heavy or less stiff racket aint good??? juz like z-speed...some okay, some doesnt. We wont question how good they are. Simple.

  3. #88
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tokyo / Hong Kong
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    VT-ZF II Promotion Video (Japan):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ShBx_KyGg


  4. #89
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The variety of rackets on the pro circuit alone is testament to what you are saying soulsync. Otherwise there would be very few models of rackets on view as most players would be using the same racket.


    Paul

    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  5. #90
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well, to sum up what the PV says:

    New grommet system (grommets made out of tungsten). The new grommets (and the strings) will be 'inside' the frame if that makes any sense. A trench of sort you could say. You'll understand by watching the PV. They call it "A new type of compact frame". These changes increases the power and also reduces air resistance by 4,4%.
    At the end, they talk about a 'new extra slim' shaft which is thinnest in history. They also talk about the stiffness (doesn't say how much, but it's stiff) and that the recovery time for the shaft is 25% better.

    And the result being a faster smash.

    By the way, looking at the new chart and compare it to the old chart on where VTZF2 is on head heavyness, it seems like it is a bit higher up than the ZF1 was.
    Last edited by Wingu; 01-17-2014 at 09:43 AM.

  6. #91
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    sauga
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The PV makes me want it.. But LCW said it helps him save energy? Even though it's a more demanding racket..

  7. #92
    Regular Member Wingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kyoto, Japan
    Posts
    320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    The PV makes me want it.. But LCW said it helps him save energy? Even though it's a more demanding racket..
    He says it's easy to attack with which saves him energy.

  8. #93
    Regular Member SleepyEyedBoyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    168
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    He says it's easy to attack with which saves him energy.
    Let see if he starts winning easier with the new racket. Especially against Chen Long.

  9. #94
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Vaughan, ON
    Posts
    427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I suppose this racket's for more skilled players, so I wouldn't be surprised if many people bought this and give negative reviews in the next few months because they couldn't handle it.

  10. #95
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Delta
    Posts
    85
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh man that matte black finish on blue is very damn sexy. But it seems like they are still using the stickers around the edges, which is a negative when stringing high tension cuz it can get damaged. It won't affect the playability but it hurts to see something you own get scratched up, especially one might need to pay 180+ cad dollars.

  11. #96
    Regular Member Naim.F.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lhkjacky View Post
    VT-ZF II Promotion Video (Japan):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ShBx_KyGg

    Sounds like mostly a load of marketing rubbish tbh, having said that, the flush grommet design is actually pretty clever, and quite an intelligent design in terms of aerodynamics.

    Does anyone know if the size of the head or actual string bed is the same as the VT80?

  12. #97
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    Attachment 154505

    hm.... seriously?
    being cut like that but boney to me is not sexy, please put your shirt back on!!!

  13. #98
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default He is. .

    Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    Interesting though, LCW doesn't seem to be promoting the racket at all. Figured that the racket would be at least available for professional players.
    Right now, his focus is on Malaysian Open SSP and to retain it for the record straight 10 times. .! Post that I guess he'll be on it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  14. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I hope Yonex make sure their new grommet system is easily available for stringers otherwise there's no point in having it.

    Generally manufactures slip up big style when they introduce special grommets and it takes ages before they distribute to stringing suppliers.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

  15. #100
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyC View Post
    Many ppl might b able to wield such high-end rackets, n others play better with mid-level rackets. Just bcoz some ppl r not able to wield extra stiff rackets do not necessarily mean they r categorised into lower playing level. It all boils down to personal choice, really! And nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulsync View Post
    ^
    Cant agree more...i dont see how level of play is tied to racket preference. Can we say those playing with less head heavy or less stiff racket aint good??? juz like z-speed...some okay, some doesnt. We wont question how good they are. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    The variety of rackets on the pro circuit alone is testament to what you are saying soulsync. Otherwise there would be very few models of rackets on view as most players would be using the same racket.
    There's a big difference between "not being able to handle a racket" and "preferring a racket over another". I think most people would agree that if your level is relatively high (for example, B grade or above) and your fitness/technique (endurance, strength, racket technique) is above average, you would be able to "handle" most rackets, including the Z-Force etc. However, you may "prefer" the FlashBoost etc.

    So going back to how this discussion initiated, perhaps it boils down to what Sgt_Strider meant by this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    You must be a very strong guy. Every person that I know who have used the original ZF eventually moved on to another racquet because it negatively affected their game. Initially they're excited about the potential increase in power, but once the hype goes away and the results speak for themselves, they change racquets. I have yet to have met a guy who plays well with the original ZF.
    I've highlighted the key points above. Would it be fair to say that he heavily implies a lack of "handling the racket", rather than purely a "preference" over one racket? The way I see it and in my opinion, he's made some very sensationalist statements that needed to be countered, as I've had a much different experience. This doesn't mean I'm "looking down" on him or whatever. It simply just means I know some "B level" players (including girls I could lift with one hand hehe) that "handle" the Z-Force fine and win tournaments with it.

  16. #101
    Regular Member gundamzaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Santa Clara County, California, USA
    Posts
    2,485
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    There's a big difference between "not being able to handle a racket" and "preferring a racket over another". I think most people would agree that if your level is relatively high (for example, B grade or above) and your fitness/technique (endurance, strength, racket technique) is above average, you would be able to "handle" most rackets, including the Z-Force etc. However, you may "prefer" the FlashBoost etc.

    So going back to how this discussion initiated, perhaps it boils down to what Sgt_Strider meant by this:



    I've highlighted the key points above. Would it be fair to say that he heavily implies a lack of "handling the racket", rather than purely a "preference" over one racket? The way I see it and in my opinion, he's made some very sensationalist statements that needed to be countered, as I've had a much different experience. This doesn't mean I'm "looking down" on him or whatever. It simply just means I know some "B level" players (including girls I could lift with one hand hehe) that "handle" the Z-Force fine and win tournaments with it.
    i do understand what you're talking about and i do agree with you, my first question was the same as yours, what kind of people he's playing with. because i don't see myself to be a particular strong player but when i used my zforce 2012 ltd, it seemed somewhat flexible for me, and i'm definitely nowhere as skillful as a pro, yet i find this racket suits me very well. i was also thinking that maybe most if not all the people he knew just aren't that strong, and use the people he knows as a "sample size" is an unfair judgement of the racket itself?

  17. #102
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kelantan, Malaysia
    Posts
    528
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulstewart64 View Post
    I hope Yonex make sure their new grommet system is easily available for stringers otherwise there's no point in having it.

    Generally manufactures slip up big style when they introduce special grommets and it takes ages before they distribute to stringing suppliers.

    Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk
    Seeing the grommets, I don't think they would give any problems at all, instead, i think this is the newer design of yonex muscle power continuous grommets. ^_^

Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •