User Tag List

Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast
Results 1,497 to 1,513 of 1540
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
    As expected, Paul gives the ZF2 4.5 stars, after giving all recently reviewed Victors 5 or 5+ stars. What reassures me that bias is at play here is that he mentions in the ZF2 review that he would consider replacing the VT80 with ZF2. If you read his VT80 review, he makes it sound like it's the greatest racket ever and gives it 5 stars easily. However, that's when he was Yonex sponsored.

Anyway, let the justifications (or lack of) begin:
    i had the same question before zf2 came out already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it a bit strange too. Read his review on VT80 with full 5 stars, then review on VTZF2 which claimed to be much better replacement for VT80 and yet received 4.5 stars. Anyway, doesn't matter what star anyone give in. All the readers care about is opinion on how the racket performs.. and he nailed it there. Conclusion was good enough... and might just ignored a sentence about rating and stars. I'll get pair of this ZF2 once my lovely VT80 breaks to pieces! Right now, VT80 is still intact, lively, and perform good enough that i dont need reason to find "better" yet. Who knows once my VT80 breaks, VTZF3 or VTZF4 already available on market.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As time moves on and I review more rackets, my experience in the differences grows.

Whilst I understand your comments, part of my rating is value for money. In UK, Z Force II is considerably more expensive than VT80. The more expensive the racket, the more it has to impress me which is what we all do when spending money.

When VT80 was launched a few years ago it was so much better than VT70 and the price was good. In UK we are now seeing prices rising again and RRP on rackets moving closer to 200. Online discounting brings some relief for the buyer but it won't be long before we are being asked to pay 200 with discount for a racket.

Also, I take into consideration how the racket can be played with a wider style of player. This is where the really head heavy rackets fall down with only a few players being capable of using them. This is where there is a difference between VT80 and Z F II. The latter is much harder to play with compared to VT80.

I do take exception to people commenting I am biased. If that's the case there is no point me continuing to review rackets. I've reviewed many rackets over the years and gave some 5 star reviews. I have been with Victor for only 1 year and so the majority of reviews were written during my Yonex days. Also remember I resigned from Yonex so there is no bad blood to consider.

I had the pleasure last night of using a ZF II again and a TK9000 in 3U side by side. I'll stand by my thoughts that TK9000 plays better. Also, the player who owns the rackets agreed with me and he has 3 ZF II's. He's ordered more TK9000's.

So, in wrapping this up, VT80 has a better overall playability in my opinion and that's why it received a 5 star rating. ZF II is an excellent racket but it not going to have the overall appeal of VT80 and there's the difference. VT80 performed better than Z Force II overall and deserved its 5 star rating. VT Z Force is stiffer, more head heavy, tougher to control and will appeal to fewer players. That is reflected in my rating.

I have a review of NR900 coming out soon. I'm delighted Yonex have made these rackets and returned to the quality I expect and still love from them, especially after Nanoray Z Speed which I still consider to be a poor and confusing racket.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holhm22 View Post
    I saw blue nbg98 at gigasports in Hong Kong. Only problem is that it costs too much (HKD $100)
    Ok guys...regarding the NBG98...i saw it at sintec shop in SG (but blue is out of stock!). It's SGD 28 including workmanship.

so i guess it is still cheaper than HK?

Anyway, lets get back to the racket.

I have since played 2 sessions with it. I find that it is not as head heavy as VT80PG due to the frame most probably. Not as much vibration as well. My friends who tried it said they felt more power in their smashes as compared to VT80.

The shuttle seems to fly towards the opponent at a constant fast speed too.

Mine's a 3U G5 and with BG66Ulti string.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Paul, will ZF2 score 5 if cost is not a factor in consideration? Since it's better than VT80?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluezing View Post

I have since played 2 sessions with it. I find that it is not as head heavy as VT80PG due to the frame most probably. Not as much vibration as well. My friends who tried it said they felt more power in their smashes as compared to VT80.

The shuttle seems to fly towards the opponent at a constant fast speed too.
    I had a 4u5, found it less wieldy and more head heavy than my 4u5 VT80PG.... lol.

Sold it off because I can't master it.. and I feel the sound is more muted than the VT80..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question. What is better is down to the individual.

There are many international players who have swapped VT80 for ZFII and a few more who swapped ZF for ZFII. To me that says a lot although there could be an inducement to remove the old frames in some cases.

I thought the ZFII was very good but it is not as easy to play with compared to VT80 and therefore will not be as appealing. I happen to like the specs on this racket and have grown up with stiff rackets. Therefore it is easier for me to upgrade to this racket. However, for a lot of players ZFII will be too stiff and too head heavy.

In many respects there is very little difference in cost between VT80 and ZFII. However the overall playability is significantly easier on VT80 and this is why the racket scores higher.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is all depends on individual, In my opinion, player who like head heavy and stiff racket, definately will rate the zf2 as 5 star racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new LCW limited edition version out! sadly only 3U available...

http://www.sunriseclick.com/goods.ph...inton-racquets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by supersmasher24 View Post
    new LCW limited edition version out! sadly only 3U available...

http://www.sunriseclick.com/goods.ph...inton-racquets
    As expected, only the JP market will get the 4u5 spec.

*sold out* lol what the.

Amazing the normal one sells at $270 but the LCW version goes for $240. Haha.
    Last edited by esppy; 08-25-2014 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just curious, any string that goes well with zf2?
    Got it with default forten ti one, going to restring soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorit is with BG66.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use BG85. It feels very good and powerful when you hit the shuttle and gives a nice sound. Only problem is durability and you might have to adjust to the hard feeling if not already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duhzzz View Post
    Just curious, any string that goes well with zf2?
    Got it with default forten ti one, going to restring soon.
    According to Yonex JP, as a yardstick:
    BG80P for hard hitter
    BG66UM for control

but hmm... I wonder what they use to base that recommendation on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esppy View Post
    According to Yonex JP, as a yardstick:
    BG80P for hard hitter
    BG66UM for control

but hmm... I wonder what they use to base that recommendation on...
    66um hav high repulsion. imo when on high tension, it is quite similar to bg80/80P. Less durable though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my new rackets

Hi everyone ,

i bought this racket, so i took some picture

ENJOY

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Nice pics, wield it with pride.

Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 LastLast