Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
Results 1,344 to 1,355 of 1355
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SawitTri View Post
    have been using the racket for a few weeks now. Overall, it is an amazing racket. certainly able to generate more power than the NRZSP though the shuttle does not travel as fast.
    doesn't make sense at all

2. Likes yeahehehehe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't understand the difference between power and speed as well. To me, greater power = higher speed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Duhzzz View Post
    I can't understand the difference between power and speed as well. To me, greater power = higher speed?
    Looks like everyone has a different definition. 😁

Personally, speed = fast but not heavy which allows opponent to easily return to the last quarter of the court if they are in position. Power = heavy but not as fast as speed smashes. Opponents may be able to receive the shot but may not be able to send it back to the last quarter of the court. Usually, it will be either a drop back to the front or a mid court return to the player for a second smash.

For advanced and professional players wise, theirs are a perfect combination of power and speed. 😁

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh u mean speed referring to speed of racquet and not shuttle? Then it makes more sense. Power = higher shuttle speed

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm, i still don't get it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like this bro, normally speed occurs in drive and tapping shuttle near net, but power normally occurs during smash, which require high energy and full momentum of swing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like this bro, normally speed occurs in drive and tapping shuttle near net, but power normally occurs during smash, which require high energy and full momentum of swing,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i understand the concept of speed vs power. Powerful smash isn't necessary always travel very fast but when it touches the opponent racket, the vibration is felt tremendously. It is easier to catch this type of smash but hard to control where to return. Speedy smashes, it travels very fast but may not be powerful enough to give the vibrating feedback to your opponent. Thus, it requires faster reflex to defense but easily controlled upon counter-attack. Voltric series is pretty much designed for power-smashes, while Nanoray series is for speedy-smash. Arcsaber series might fall in between these two. Pardon me if i'm wrong on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speed vs Power: As far as i understand, Speed is achieved through the Power of the smash. How in the world would the shuttle travel FAST if there is no POWER put into it. And how is a smash POWERFUL if it doesn't travel FAST.

bro SawitTri, i think you are reffering to 2 different areas of the court. The Net Area and Back Court. This is how i think you put it. With the Voltric Z Force 2, fast flat exchanges were achievable, but not as fast as the ZSPeed (Fast and flat exchanges in the net area are called Drives) While Power is easily generated with the Z Force 2 when doing a smash.

So basically your original quote should be more like this:
    have been using the racket for a few weeks now. Overall, it is an amazing racket. certainly able to generate more power than the NRZSP though the ZSP performed Drives faster and better

Pardon me too if i'm wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with sawitri in one case. Sliced smashes are the only time a bird really travels fast but it doesn't have the same penetration. Like the defender has to actually put pace back into the shuttles to defend some slices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arfandy View Post
    I think i understand the concept of speed vs power. Powerful smash isn't necessary always travel very fast but when it touches the opponent racket, the vibration is felt tremendously. It is easier to catch this type of smash but hard to control where to return. Speedy smashes, it travels very fast but may not be powerful enough to give the vibrating feedback to your opponent. Thus, it requires faster reflex to defense but easily controlled upon counter-attack. Voltric series is pretty much designed for power-smashes, while Nanoray series is for speedy-smash. Arcsaber series might fall in between these two. Pardon me if i'm wrong on this.
    That makes no sense, power is related to shuttle speed off the racket. speed usually relates to the movement of the racket to get to a shot.
    The faster the shuttle the more energy, it doesn't matter how the shuttle got that speed/from what racket (it might have take various amounts of energy to create the speed but the results are the same)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by okooko View Post
    That makes no sense, power is related to shuttle speed off the racket. speed usually relates to the movement of the racket to get to a shot.
    The faster the shuttle the more energy, it doesn't matter how the shuttle got that speed/from what racket (it might have take various amounts of energy to create the speed but the results are the same)
    That's why everyone has their own definition of power and speed. 😁

Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80