New racket which is the best choice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by smidsy1985, Jan 15, 2014.

1. smidsy1985

smidsy1985 Regular Member

Hi there,
    Last night i've broken my Victor Mx-JJS :'(, now i'm looking for a replacement, i hope you could help me with my choice.
    I loved the feeling of the Mx-JJS but I had the feeling I can't get the full power out of it, maybe it's too stiff or too head-light.
    I've owned this rackets previously:
    Victor BraveSword LYD a bit too head light in my opinion.
    Victor Mx-JJS a bit too stiff, cant get the full power out of it.
    Yonex VT 80 too head heavy, after a while.
    I play a kind of controled attacking style.

Now i'm thinking about the following options, which one would suit me the best??
    Apacs Virtuoso Performance
    Victor Thruster TK-8000
    Li-Ning N55-II
    Yonex VT 70
    RSL X5 Gold or Silver
    And even maybe PandaPower revelation????
    Hope you can give me some advice,or give me an other option wich racket could suit me...
    Greetings
    Erik

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    How did u break ur MX-JJS ?

3. smidsy1985

Hi,
    Eeeeuhm while defending a smash, I hit the ground in front of me, looked at the frame and it was bend, then out of anger hit it on a wall and there was not much left of the frame....
    :'( :'(.....

4. smidsy1985

I've forgot a brand and type: the Gosen Customedge type x also one of the in my opinion a good racket...???

5. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    ( ○.○) brutal...

VT-70, TK-6ooo, TK-9ooo.
    Best if u could try all the rackets u've listed.

6. smidsy1985

Hi,
    I'm not in the opportunity to try out the rackets, so I'm looking for some advice, I hope somebody will and can explain the differences between the rackets I've "selected".... And how they compare between the MX-JJS.
    Many Thanks

7. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Alrite...have only used two of the rackets mentioned above plus MX-JJS. I do agree that JJS is too stiff n hard to produce a gd smash. To compensate for that, it is an excellent all-rounder.

VT-70 is noticeably flexier than JJS n it is head heavier as well. It could generate decent smashes but find it to b lacking of stability n solid feel. If u have gd techniques n strong wrist, u could utilise this racket by whipping it.

TK-6ooo is currently my goto racket. Based on specs n feel, I would go as far to say that it's a direct competition to VT70. Only better! Head heavy n mid-flex (stiffer than VT70) but with greater stability n gd feedback n, I must add, faster swing. As Mark A puts it, it has one of the highest effort-to-reward ratio.

For TK-9ooo, reviews should b coming in soon...

8. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

Is the AVP durable enough to compare with the others in general?

9. smidsy1985

Don't know what you mean by that....

10. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

i mean, im curious to see: impact-resistant-wise, would the apacs hold it's own ground.... compared to the other big brand names?

11. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    No exp with Apacs...

12. smidsy1985

I hope someone have some experience with the rackets and can give me some information about the named above rackets, like stiffness and about how head heavy they are compared with the MX-JJS wich I found like i said before a bit hard to get the power out....
    Greetings
    Erik

13. smidsy1985

Nobody who has some experience with the above named rackets, or who has a solution for the (in my opinion) too stiff MX-JJS wich i couldn't get the full power out of??
    I'm looking for a racket a bit less stiff cause I'm not quite a wrist player, but with the same or maybe just a tiny little bit more HH specs of the MX-JJS
    Does someone have some options for me?
    Greetings Erik

14. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro : U can try MX 90.

15. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
  16. smidsy1985

Hi Mater,
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i read your matrix like this:
    The MX-JJS get a 4 out of 5 for stiffness and also 4 out of 5 for HH??
    The TK 6000 get a 3 out of 5 for stiffness and a 5 out of 5 for HH??
    But i think the Bravesword series haven't the same stiffness ratings as the meteor series or does they measure them the same??
    What are the main differences between the TK 6000 and TK 8000? is it only the HH, because i like the speed in defense and with a HH racket like the TK6000 i'm affraid it will be difficult to defense, if that's the differense i think the TK 8000 suits me better than??
    greetings

#16 smidsy1985, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  17. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    As posted in MX-90 thread:
    "When comparing Victor rackets, the way it works is to assess them from the same grouping n NOT across different groups." Hence, it only makes sense to assess racket specs within the same group.

Further, when comparing within the same group, one nd to look at the RRI (Racket Response Indicator). Based on the RRI on Victor's website, TK-6ooo is a notch less stiff than TK-8ooo. If u r afraid of TK-6ooo being too head heavy, u can opt for the 4u. Imo, TK-6ooo maybe what u r looking for.

18. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    smidsy, correct, JJS 4 stiffness and 4 HH, known fact from Victor's own description. Same for TK6000, 3/5. Now, the number I placed to the left of the models, that is me eyeballing Victor's RRI to put all the rackets in each series with respect to each other.

Compare rackets in the same series. For example, you like the JJS but would like some more power, perhaps it's too stiff to generate the extra "pop"? You wouldn't look into left of the JJS because the RRI of those rackets are even more stiffer than the JJS. Try researching the MX60, HH and more flexible.

Even if different series have the "same" stiffness and balance ratings, as well as my judged RRI ratings, they most likely will not play the same, handle the same, or feel the same.

So say, now you want to see what may fit your style and skill in the Thruster line and I suggested the TK6000 as well. That is just a starting point, I suggested it because it is known to be more flexible and is HH, for a racket in the Power category. That's not to say if you try the TK8000, you wouldn't like it. In fact, you may disagree with my suggestions for both the MX60 and the TK6000.

On paper, the TK6000 and TK8000 do appear to be very similar except in HH. Even the material used in both are listed as the same. Yet the TK8000 is commonly regarded as requiring a little more effort to use than the TK6000. One reason is the difference in RRI with the change in HH.

With everything like racket/grip/tension/string, it ends up how you "feel" when you pick up a racket and hit with it. A thread with 30 pages of praising for one racket doesn't necessarily mean it works for me. The racket that works for me may have just 3 posts in a thread. :)

It's all just a starting point . One's opinion of the best racket seldom will be another's.

Sorry for the long post, I will end by saying this and strange as it sounds, once you find a racket that matches your skill and style, it's very satisfying. This usually takes years though.

19. smidsy1985

Hi THANKS for this great post, I understand fully what your saying, and agree 100% with you what feels for one as a nice racket is for another a disapointment and this is also with the specs on paper.
    But you know on paper wich racket has a change to be 'the one'.
    I found my Voltric 80 too HH that's why i personaly think the TK 8000 suits me better on paper then the TK 6000 wich is more HH then the TK 8000.... but both are less stiff as the MX-JJS
    Can you please also try too explain in the most simple words what you want to say with RRI??

20. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    See the link below under the Product Specs. I "converted" the red line and represented it with an easier to understand number. It should account for the materials used inside, the stiffness of the shaft, and the balance of the frame. It's a better evaluation as a whole than just looking at the stiffness number for the shaft.

http://www.victorsport.com/product_detail_4844.html

The TK6000 (3) and TK8000 (3) both have shaft stiffness less than JJS (4) but considering RRI, overall the TK8000 "appear" be stiffer than the JJS. Or less, or same. :) Remember, we are comparing across different series which is not ideal.

I can't say which one has a chance to be 'the one' for you based on paper. I can't even say which can be 'the one' for me based on paper. Like I said earlier, only way is to try the rackets out.

If you haven't yet, Paul Stewart has reviewed all the rackets I've discussed with you.

JJS http://badminton-coach.co.uk/5024/victor-meteor-jjs-badminton-racquet-review/

TK8000 http://badminton-coach.co.uk/5006/victor-thruster-8000-badminton-racquet-review/

TK6000 http://badminton-coach.co.uk/5053/victor-thruster-k-6000-badminton-racquet-review/

MX60 http://badminton-coach.co.uk/4590/victor-meteor-60-badminton-racquet-review/

Good luck on your journey. Be sure to post when you think you've found 'the one'.