Need advise for choosing racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by techie, Jan 15, 2014.

1. techie

techie Regular Member

Programmer
    Hi,
    I am a beginner - intermediate player playing an hour daily. I have a yonex Carbonex 7000 and want to upgrade my racket. I am confused between arcsaber 002, nanospeed 33 , nanoray 20 and muscle power 29. My playing style is mixed drops and smashes both and I play doubles but I want a racket which is good enough in singles also. Help me choose a good racket. Don't hesitate to recommend any other good racket (keeping the price in about 30-40 dollar range :D)

2. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

i think carbonex7000 is totally different from arc002. mp29 is similar to it
    how much is an arc002 where you're? (it should fit in your budget well imobut you can go higher)

3. techie

techie Regular Member

Programmer
    Hi,
    Arc 002 is for 40 dollars but I am willing to go a bit higher on price if the racket is worth it. Please suggest which one should i buy. Also, is Voltric 5 a good option for doubles?

thanks!

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i enjoy playing with an oval head frame racket like the carbonex series and have a few carbonex racket with me. they are all on the stiff side of medium but there's nothing wrong with that racket unless there is something else that you want the racket to do for you which you can't do yourself. with the budget of $40 dollars you might as well save it and wait till you saved up around $100 before you upgrade beause the racket you have should be good enough.

Arc002 is what i always recommend for beginners because the shaft is flexible, it's a very forgiving racket. i have recommended a few times here on BC forums as well as to my friends and they seemed to like it a lot mainly because of the power generated thru the shaft.

5. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

Seems you play more of a controlled/balanced game rather than predominantly attacking or defending. For such purpose I think all rounder rackets are better suited.

VT 5 is a good racket it handles fast for a head heavy racket, but could be a bit head heavy for your game style. IMO it suits a more attacking style. I think Arc 002, NR 20, MP 29 (in that order) could be good choices here, good enough power and easy to handle (esp the Arc 002).

If you like playing with Carbonex rackets, you could consider the CAB 8000 LTD (extra flex), or CAB 8000 Ti.

6. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

there's a 'cab6 light' version or something that fits within your budget well.. may've gotten the name wong though.
    how about the vt3 if not vt5?

7. techie

techie Regular Member

Programmer
    Well, currently I am getting good discounts on both arcsaber 002 and voltric 5 and there isn't much of difference between the two in terms of price (voltric is about 5 dollars expensive, not a big deal.) So I was thinking maybe I can buy a voltric and use it to learn to play aggresively (I do love to smash- who doesn't ;)) . What do you guys suggest?

Also, Is arcsaber 002 more powerful than carbonex 7000? I don't want to end up buying a similar racket. I want to keep my carbonex as a backup racket now. Please advise.

8. sayshh

sayshh Regular Member

If the price difference is not much between Arc 002 and VT 5, then I suggest you to go for VT 5 from VFM perspective.

Arc 002 is an easy racket to play with and easy to generate power. Being isometric frame and bigger one at that, it will be quite different to your Cab 7000. Also, it should be more flexible than Cab 7000. So it will not be similar to Cab 7000.