User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Overhead high clear

hey friends.
    I am an intermediate level badminton player but i still struggle a lot to make a powerfull overhead high clear when i am moving from mid court to the back of the court.when i make a high clear the birdie somtimes reaches the end of the opponents court but mainly it reaches till the second last line of my opponents court .plz help me.

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say you are at more beginner level then. You should look up scissor kick and also make sure you are using correct grip and pronation. There are plenty of videos on youtube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your clear is too high? How high is too high depends on your purpose of hitting it. You can work on the techniques other suggested. You can also work on lowering your clear (making it flatter). If you concentrate too much on the height, you may end up playing defensive clears every time anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be a few things. Your racket head weight could be to light. You could lack strength in your forearm or as said above you might be hitting along the wrong trajectory, or also string/string tension due to weather conditions. Im assuming you play somewhere where its generally cold?. Otherwise you can disregard this and just simply improve your technique lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can u clear comfortably from end to end when doing warm ups? Also, what shot were u responding to when u have these problems, ie short depth of yr clears?

If 1st answer is yes and 2nd answer is a fast attacking clear then your problem is too slow of a response. You need to getBEHIND the shuttle in order to return attacking clear effectively

If 1st answer is no, then your problem is strokes techniques. Practice makes perfects (do deep clear drills for 5-10mins for warm-ups).