User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drmchsraj View Post
    lol, thanks for clarifying that. i guess its better for me to not go for the overkill and stand a couple cm back.
    shoot, i guess i'm in the wrong sport since i can bare gauge a couple of inches, let alone centimeters

i should stick with american football and yards!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on guys, this discussion is of a purely academical nature. In 15 years of badminton, I've never been close enough to the net so that the power of the opponent's shot swooshes the net to my body...

The only thing that realistically happens is that you try to do a net shot/net kill and hit the net with the racket, while the shuttle does not pass the net. The rules have been discussed above...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, happened to me just that once, and i wouldn't have paid more attention to it if the other team's supporters hadn't protested lol. the discussion's based assuming this was more of a hypothetical scenario

gundamzaku, there's always that special moment or game for everyone when they feel almighty and judge everything precisely and everything's going their way...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Practical solution:
    You say you didn't touch the net, opponents say you did, you play a let...;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    Come on guys, this discussion is of a purely academical nature. In 15 years of badminton, I've never been close enough to the net so that the power of the opponent's shot swooshes the net to my body...

The only thing that realistically happens is that you try to do a net shot/net kill and hit the net with the racket, while the shuttle does not pass the net. The rules have been discussed above...
    And then it was the case of the net touching the player, where no law is broken or violated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2