Looking for badminton gang who dress up like pro

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by LinDanTruCool, Jan 19, 2014.

1. LinDanTruCool

LinDanTruCool Regular Member

Purchaser
    I'm desperately looking for badminton gang who dress up like pro player. With all the complete gears from apparel to footwear to bag and rackets by Brand. The whole gang. Team wear also welcomed. Prefer those who use branded badminton gears: Yonex, Victor & Lining. Other popular brand like Flypower, Kumpoo & Kawasaki also accepted.

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    holy.. so what are they gonna do? hitting someone with a branded racket? :eek:

joke aside, where is SJ?
    and what do you want to achieve by doing this? is it to enter competition?

3. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    this doesn't really make any sense to me. Very rarely to amiture-semi pro players wear and use ALL the same brand every time they hit the courts. Even me, I'm sponsored by prokennex and wear li-Ning shoes. Also, You talk about it like you need to except them... A group like that (if there is one) would need to except you. Why do you care if players use certain brands? Lots of pros use brands not in your "acceptance list" lol. Such as Prokennex, RSL, or FZ FORZA. This is a very interesting post....

4. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Avenger & The Comedian

SJ = Subang Jaya in Selangor, Msia
    Yeah quite interesting thread here.

Good question, I have been watching BWF Super Series & GP & other events in both YouTube & Astro.
    I have 'follow' the players by spend tons of $ buying & using the gears. Since then i couldn't enjoy looking at my fancy gears (unless i look in front of the mirror or watch video recorded on my game which is limited) Those pro players using branded gears. Most of friends not hardcore like me & they use non branded badminton gears or non badminton brand (no offense). Since i couldn't enjoy looking at my gears why not to enjoy looking at my friends gear (& at the same time share topic discuss about it). I feel enjoy when suddenly one of friend dress up like pro. I hope that one day i get to play along with badminton buddies who wear branded gears if not 100% at least 80% is good enough. Pro players using branded gears: China using Lining, Korea using Victor, Msia = YY, Indo using mix brand include Astec, Flypower, Denmark = YY & Forza etc. I just dont understand there badmintons fans buying so many gears at the recent Msia Open but i don't get to play with them on court. Some of them stay quite far.
    In conclusion i wanna feel playing in the environment where everyone (hardcore players) dress up like pro w brands based on what players wear in BWF events. I know my dream or wish is too much to ask but i Hope one day i can achieve it. ;) I need the extra spice to spice up my badminton life.

5. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    What's the point of this? I've read your posts twice and still don't see the point. :confused:

7. Magehai

Magehai Regular Member

Ummmm good players care less about brands than noobs.

Are u into badminton for the sport or for looking at the gear?

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Well, there are certainly football and hockey enthusiasts who wear their teams outfits when they play. Why can't LinDanTruCool do the same without criticism? :confused::)[where is the smiley for quickly ducking incoming negative feedback?]

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I'm sure you can find some, look for our forum's sub forum:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/90-Malaysia
    and post your thread there

I can understand it is fun to play with / against another badminton enthusiast which war like a pro.
    it looks nice

at first, I thought you said you wanted to be in a gang with only 1 brand. such as all Yonex or all Li-ning. but if by many brands, then it's cool.

my appearance is very messy. reebok shoes (can't find my size in Indonesia), Yonex socks, Yonex Bag, Victor racket, and adidas clothes and shorts.

10. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Sounds like the OP wants everyone else around him to wear complete outfits. He's wearing it already but he can't be looking down at his gear all the time at the courts. He wants the feeling of being at the match for the Gold or Final Match.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think different people have different tastes. many of us like to use the same racket as the pros, that certainly works really well for marketing departments. i don't see what's the problem with wanting to dress up like a pro as well, the pro level jerseys aren't just eye candy, but at the same time, functions well.

in fact, for most of us, it is more appropriate to dress like a pro than to play with the same racket. we cannot possibly play as well as them to justify the fancy racket, but i am assure you that we can easily sweat as much as they do so why not wear the same fancy sweat wicking apparels. :D

12. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    What's next kwun? Sweat flicking like Pros? :D That's what I want to do!

13. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i agree with you, OP is trying to find people who dressed up completely as if they are like the pros, he's not saying that dressing up like a pro will make him better as a player, he just want to enjoy looking at the outfits that others would wear and that makes him happy.

the down side is no one will wear a full gear unless they are in competition at a high level so to not be coined as a "poser".

my suggestion is that maybe you can join a few local tournaments and see if those people wearing full gear will show up. that way you can watch them play as well as play in the tournament yourself :)

14. gundamzaku

working professional
    tho i have very dry hands, for some stupid reason i sweat a lot from the neck up, so i do flick my sweat out since my shirt will stick to the body if it's soaked with sweat :) but a funny but true thing tho, for the first time i started flicking sweat off the court, my forearm was sore afterward LOL, FML!

15. gundamzaku

working professional
    that makes a lot more sense, to have the appropriate apparel than a zforce in my hand, but i find badminton apparel overpriced compared to even a nike drifit shirt, so when adidas has a sale, i stock up, and since adidas makes badminton equipment, i sorta do look like i'm sponsored by them, LOL.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    do it. but also make sure you get caught on camera!

[​IMG]

17. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Nice pic kwun. :D

I remember watching a match where Satoko Suetsuna was squeezing her skirt and her hair to get the sweat off as well.

18. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Both game & gears :cool:

19. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Avenger Kwun & Gundam, u read my mind.

Avenger, thanks for the link. Yup not whole gang by one brand but many brands which look like BWF events. If doubles wear like team wear even better. Now i can scout for the group in Sunway Extreme Park/Suria Sports/Element & hopefully i can bum into the gang w fancy sport gears. Anything less than sport apparel like Blue Tom, Forest, Sch its unacceptable. Those group open to public & forumers?

20. LinDanTruCool

Purchaser
    Mater, u also got my point here. OP = Original Post or Orang Pendek?