New racket and stringS

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Helios, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Helios

Helios Regular Member

Hi everyone,

question for you, do you thing using a control string with a new racket, then slowly changed it for a repulsion string, then higher the tension make sense?

I was thinking this is a good way to learn how to control a totally new racket before going for hitting hard.

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Sorry u have to rephrase the question. What is a control string? If u are referring to strings which have 'CONTROL' label on their packaging. Those are usually harder strings, ie they do not 'bounce' as much, not very repulsive.

To learn to control a new racket or get used to a new racket is always to use it all the time. Don't go back n use yr old rackets for at least 10 hours of games. By then u will know whether that new racket is going to benefit u or not. Also use yr regular strings if possible, unless the seller is very knowledgeable n can recommend appropriate strings for your type of play.

#2 sautom88, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  3. Helios

Helios Regular Member

Thank you, yes i was refering to a string with "Control" label.
    It was just a simple idea I v got, in case you change your racket with new specificities (more flex or stiff, or lighter ...).
    I m obviously using the same racket most of time (diff for double and single) and the same string model for quiete a few time. Only the tension had changed.

4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

If u like your regular string then stick with it. Tension you have to try how tight it should be with your new racket. Different racket may feel better with different tension.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Sometimes a new racket does require an different string and/or tension, but always start with your USUAL string and tension, and work from there.

Only change one thing at a time.

6. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    I agree, too many changes make it very hard to pin point likes and dislikes. Different racket, stringer, string pattern, tension, string type, etc.