User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Qualification Date

    Does anyone when the qualification date for the Championships is thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Jut found it !! Typical 24th April

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Badzine posted LD announced today that he will be back to training in a few days and expects to play in 2 months time prolly April 14. LD is currently WR103. With April 24 as thequalifying date for WC14, LD would miss WC14. My sincere plea to the Danish Badminton Association, dear Paul please do something as President of BWF, please grant LD a wildcard, how can a defending WC not play?
    AlanY, will LD qualify for AG?
    Last edited by OneToughBirdie; 01-29-2014 at 10:23 AM.

  4. #4
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,669
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    More info here:
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=25866

    Relevant excerpt:

    Qualification process

    • BWF will highlight those who are eligible to enter using the World Ranking list as at Thursday 24 April 2014

  5. #5
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Badzine posted LD announced today that he will be back to training in a few days and expects to play in 2 months time prolly April 14. LD is currently WR103. With April 24 as thequalifying date for WC14, LD would miss WC14. My sincere plea to the Danish Badminton Association, dear Paul please do something as President of BWF, please grant LD a wildcard, how can a defending WC not play?
    AlanY, will LD qualify for AG?
    China has the same option as last year as far as the selection's concerned.

    They can just pick Chen Long and Lin Dan as LD will be within the top 150,
    or pick Chen Long, DU Pengyu and WANG Zhengming (as all 3 are in the top 24) and let bwf grant the defending champion a wild card.

    If I'm the selector I'll pick CL and LD to give him a chance and motivation to become the SIX times world champion.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    China has the same option as last year as far as the selection's concerned.

    They can just pick Chen Long and Lin Dan as LD will be within the top 150,
    or pick Chen Long, DU Pengyu and WANG Zhengming (as all 3 are in the top 24) and let bwf grant the defending champion a wild card.

    If I'm the selector I'll pick CL and LD to give him a chance and motivation to become the SIX times world champion.
    i think ld will focus on AG this year ,like 2010

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    China has the same option as last year as far as the selection's concerned.

    They can just pick Chen Long and Lin Dan as LD will be within the top 150,
    or pick Chen Long, DU Pengyu and WANG Zhengming (as all 3 are in the top 24) and let bwf grant the defending champion a wild card.

    If I'm the selector I'll pick CL and LD to give him a chance and motivation to become the SIX times world champion.
    I do the same too. CL and LD.

  8. #8
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    China has the same option as last year as far as the selection's concerned.

    They can just pick Chen Long and Lin Dan as LD will be within the top 150,
    or pick Chen Long, DU Pengyu and WANG Zhengming (as all 3 are in the top 24) and let bwf grant the defending champion a wild card.

    If I'm the selector I'll pick CL and LD to give him a chance and motivation to become the SIX times world champion.
    A source tells me that, last year itself, the CBA was assured of Lin Dan's entry to the 2014 WC.
    The 2014 entry, when officially announced, might surprise everyone but not the CBA or Lin Dan.

  9. #9
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,447
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    on one hand it is difficult for bwf to grant the wild card to the same player twice in a row,

    but on the other hand the wild card last year proved to be correct as LD won it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Firstly, I find it difficult to accept that WC does not feature the defending champion in it, that is just my thoughts.
    If there is a world wide poll, I bet majority would agree with me.
    Winning WC without the defending champion playing is like eating McDonald's fries with no ketchup...something like that

  11. #11
    Regular Member cxytdn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    China
    Posts
    660
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If Lin Dan will play WC without the wild card, that just means one thing - Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei are in the same half.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cxytdn View Post
    If Lin Dan will play WC without the wild card, that just means one thing - Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei are in the same half.
    If LCW and CL are ranked 1-2, or 2-1, then you are correct.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    icy cold place
    Posts
    3,778
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If LD wants to make a go for OLY16 gold (this is LD main goal for coming back), preferably the WR is LCW 1 or 2, LD 2 or 1 but higher than CL or any other CHN MS player. This placement would have LCW-CL killing each other physically and mentally in the same half, LD in the other and LD not having to face seeded players from R1 onwards. This is strategic planning IMO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •