Identifying a Korean Player Code BS10

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by dbswansea, Jan 20, 2014.

1. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I've been offered a BS10 that's meant to be the sought after Korean Player model.

Here's the Code krj7600275

Any thoughts?

2. Deity

Deity Regular Member

I think Korean Player code should be KRP no?

3. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    This is the racket I personally got off Chou Tien Chen! Number 24th In the world :)

4. xzavire

xzavire Regular Member

Engineer
    I'm no expert on Victor player coded rackets. All I know is that I have KRP BS12 and those are considered "player coded" special rackets. The shop that I get them from only have KRP codes and are positive these are player rackets. I'm not sure what KRJ means but it seems weird that a Taiwan representative would have a Korean coded racket. Does that mean all Victor player rackets are KR... codes?

5. henrychenn

Student
    That is what i was also thinking, I was guessing that the "player coded" rackets were all made in KR and then distributed after, I received 2 rackets from him and the other one is KRL coded!

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why would it have to be a player coded racket per se? KRJ is a normal distribution code, not every player is playing with "special" rackets. Maybe he received a replacement one during a tournament in Korea from the selling booth ...
    I did read something about regular KR codes the other day though but only remember the high price comment part :D.

#6 demolidor, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  7. henrychenn

Student
    Well i suspected it to be a player coded racket as it was given to me by him, however just expected that someone with a world ranking of 24 would have a "special" racket but never asked him as when I got this racket I was just starting to play badminton
    Well I really have no idea, would have been better if I had took a picture of the plastic wrap on the grip when I got it, but well received these 2 rackets from him in a tournament he played in UK "Yonex Welsh International 2012"

8. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I'm sorry I asked now :)

The only reason I asked was because it was offered to me as a KRP racquet and I had my doubts. I didn't fancy a standard BS10 as I don't think it would suit me.

Case closed, thanks for all the replies.

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Along the way I lost track that it was a BS10 just now browsing through some korean online stores :D. Perhaps that was a remaining batch of 5/5 stiffness ones that he requested (the proper BS10's)... 5/5 of course never available in TW commercial code but available everywhere else (and you'd think SOSA store would have some TW..P if they existed? But apparently there are ID..P coded ones so it wouldn't be a total surprise)

Here is a pic of a KRP from the SOSA store with an older style KRP code with the P at the end

d85601611-ac-1506xf9x0600x0451-m.jpg

#9 demolidor, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  10. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I'll be buying this racket soon - I'm actually put off by the super stiff KRP versions so I hope that it is a standard stiffness but was designated to to to Korea. So my question is, is 'KR' just a normal distribution code? no 'P' means it's not a 'special' one. I've only seen 'KR' in reference to KRP versions.
    [MENTION=108053]henrychenn[/MENTION], I'm sure it IS special, just not a national player edition. Which is probably preferable for me. Did he say why he didn't like it :p the victor site shows him using a BS11 now.
    [MENTION=96935]dbswansea[/MENTION] Thread, JACKED!

11. henrychenn

Student
    Well he never told me why he didn't like it, but i'm guessing not so much didn't like it, but it was because by that time, BS10 was already discontinued by Victor, he may have had a few spares from tournaments before and that's why he gave me those, cause at the Wales open where he was playing he was actually using the MX80 and now he has moved onto the MX90

He was using the BS11 before but think the victor website you checked is the older one. He uses the MX90 now