User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traum
    For VRC, I was playing there as a guest this past Friday. The wooden floor was in awesome shape, and there was tons of traction. I guess the janitorial stuff must have gotten their act together?

-Rick
    They must have known you were coming, and cleaned up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As a matter of fact, the janitorial stuff was cleaning up the courts as Rick, Rich He and us were pounding hard on the birdies.

Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    They must have known you were coming, and cleaned up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy75
    Just wondering if you have seen the latest schedule for Richmond Recreation centers on their website. There's a "Nightshift" session for 13-18 years old players that runs from 10:30pm to 1:30am on friday nights at Cambie. Just wondering if it's a misprint on the age requirement and if anyone has more information on that session. Thanks!
    I've never gone to the night sessions but I have gone during the adult sessions from 11:45am to 2:30pm Monday to Fridays. The level of play is fantastic and very competitive for all days except Thursday when a lot of beginners drop by to play. It's extremely organized for drop-in badminton since there is a sign sheet that shows the order of rotation for people on the courts and the same group of people usually show up creating a friendly atmosphere. I'm only 23 and have played for about 10 years. After playing in cambie i've developed a huge respect for the 40+, 50+ old ppl that play. I'd be extremely happy if i could play or maintain my level of play when i reach those ages.

One other tidbit....on the busy days (all days except thursday) it's advisable to arrive between 11:10am - 11:25 am cause there is only 26 spots ( i think ) availble.

Any ways, I'm also looking for some new blood to play with. PM me if you're interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adult sessions....and i was thinking of skipping ma 3rd block class to go play with u guys during the day haha. dam i watch those guys play every single lunch just cause i got nothing else to do....den i go play at the arcade! watch out for an ugly kid wearing a black jacket and a blue or white t-shirt .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wing-omega5-0
    adult sessions....and i was thinking of skipping ma 3rd block class to go play with u guys during the day haha. dam i watch those guys play every single lunch just cause i got nothing else to do....den i go play at the arcade! watch out for an ugly kid wearing a black jacket and a blue or white t-shirt .
    Hmmm... Yah i always see a couple students peering through the windows watching ppl play. I'm the chinese guy that always wears a headband/bandana and a Nike dri-fit/sphere shirt when I play during the adult session.

Skipping school is not a good idea dude. Stay in school!
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya....i was just kidding about the skipping skool thing lol. every weekday we sit tehre for about 10-15 min watching before leaving. we stay longer if theres rly decent games to watch or if tehres coach figures that we recognize playing like malisa or chris kwee. howie it wouldnt hurt to wave or sumfin once in a while hahaha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2