Looking for a stiffer racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Duder, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Duder

Duder New Member

I am a beginner/intermediate player ( been playing for a little under a year) and have been using a Armortech 600 since I started playing. I recently used my wife's arcsaber 11 and fell in love with the stiffness during my smashes. I am fairly new to the game and my strong point is my smash and I am extremely inconsistent on my net play. I usually end up bouncing the birdie to high and allowing a kill shot when I am on the net. The reason I am asking this is because I want to use a stiffer one but I am hesitant that it might make my net play worse. I am currently looking at the Victor MX 90 after reading the reviews on here and Coach Paul. If I posted this in the wrong tab my apologies. Thanks for your time.

2. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Have u considered Victor Bravesword series? They r mostly even balanced n stiff, similar specs to ArcS-11 but with a faster swing.

For net play, aside frm racket specs, one should consider the type of string n the string tension. As a guide, thinner strings r bouncier than thicker ones. Also, higher string tension would give u more control for net play n placement shots but less power due to less repulsion. The opposite applies.