User Tag List

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 324 to 340 of 370
  1. #324
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,292
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ting_ht View Post
    XS is ranking #50 now and I believe he will go up a few positions after today's result. Let's hope he can make it.

    50 CHN SONG Xue Profile 78769 26850.0000 8 Asia China
    he will be at #32 or thereabout next week. so in all likelyhood he should be in the main draw directly.
    Last edited by AlanY; 01-26-2014 at 09:16 AM.

  2. #325
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    12,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In short, K Srikanth shocked Xue Song in G1, but somehow in G2 Xue Song was able to save himself barely, then in G3 it was Xue Song who turned the tables on Srikanth.

    You really got to watch it live to feel the excitement, the despair, the highs and the lows of both players in order to experience the overall impact of not knowing the final outcome until the very end. Even now as I write, the lingering effect is still with me.

  3. Likes kelana, tbgoh288 liked this post
  4. #326
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    12,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    he will be at #32 or thereabout next week. so in all likelyhood he should be in the main draw firectly.
    Glad to hear that. Straight to the main draw, bypassing the qualifiers even, excellent. Thanks, AlanY.

  5. #327
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    I don't see Srikanth beating Xue Song today.
    I'm now waiting for him to prove me wrong
    I'm not gonna say "I told you so"

  6. #328
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    [...]
    K Srikanth is praiseworthy too. There is good reason why Li Ning picks Srikanth and Sindhu to offer them sponsorships.
    Well, when they both were struggling to make it to where they are now, only Yonex was around to offer them assistance and support. Even now, most of the Indian players seem to be using Yonex gear.

  7. #329
    Regular Member kelana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Parmir Mountains, Silk Road
    Posts
    2,549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldhand
    I don't see Srikanth beating Xue Song today.
    I'm now waiting for him to prove me wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    I'm not gonna say "I told you so"
    Your words sounded like a curse to K Srikanth in today's MSF, the victory just slipped away from his grip... must be quite painful and carved into mind for good.

  8. #330
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Well, when they both were struggling to make it to where they are now, only Yonex was around to offer them assistance and support. Even now, most of the Indian players seem to be using Yonex gear.
    looks like srikanth still using yonex racquet !

  9. #331
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    local to the coast
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can someone confirm if Marten Frost commentated BOTH today and yesterday? If so, I'd like to downlaod the matches and listen . Can someone post or pm me the individual (youtube?) links please?

  10. #332
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    local to the coast
    Posts
    236
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1 View Post
    Sindhu is still in learning process. Improved the scores better than last time
    you mean that one match during the IBL which many speculate could've been a thrown game? lol jk, idk, it seems she can hold her own ground with the best and make many of her opponents feel pressured, but find it repeatedly hard to get within Saina's killshot..even with them sparring multiple times during practice. then again I've yet to watch today's videos so Saina could be really good..in which case I hope she carries a little bit of this to the next 3-4 events, AND win where it matters

  11. #333
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drmchsraj View Post
    you mean that one match during the IBL which many speculate could've been a thrown game? lol jk, idk, it seems she can hold her own ground with the best and make many of her opponents feel pressured, but find it repeatedly hard to get within Saina's killshot..even with them sparring multiple times during practice. then again I've yet to watch today's videos so Saina could be really good..in which case I hope she carries a little bit of this to the next 3-4 events, AND win where it matters
    I hate it when somebody fuels up things.... who are the many who speculate the game was thrown up? and the reason for Sindhu to throw a game? Please India isnt China
    They both are sparring partners so they both know each others game.... Or may be Saina is still better.... I do hope Sindhu gives a better fight though and they both really compete...

  12. #334
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    India
    Posts
    674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    Unusual to hear the national anthem played at the GPG, an individual, non-team event.
    Badminton needs the nations unless more money is generated.... Its actually wonderful to see Nation also getting its pride in supporting the game... just my two cents...

  13. #335
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Citizen of The World
    Posts
    12,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drmchsraj View Post
    Can someone confirm if Marten Frost commentated BOTH today and yesterday? If so, I'd like to downlaod the matches and listen . Can someone post or pm me the individual (youtube?) links please?
    Yes, MF commentated both days, semifinals and finals, for the doubles and MS whilst GC for the WS, if my memory is right, definitely so for today's matches on TV court.

    I watched both days live on TV and other matches on livestream, not sure about their availability on youtube. You can do a search or perhaps somebody else can point you to it.

  14. Likes drmchsraj liked this post
  15. #336
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Saina won an international tournament at home? Is this the first time she has managed this feat? (Not counting that CWG thingie of course...)

  16. #337
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The young China contingent lived up to the promise of their youth. It is certainly not unusual to see "unknown" or "unheralded" youngsters from China walk unseeded (and often through qualifying rounds) and end up on the podium. It points to the high level of fundamental excellence that has been drilled into them from the time they begin training. Congratulations to all of them!

    Of course, not all of these players make it consistently over a few or many seasons to the podium again. That is possibly something to do with the law of averages. And also the fact the the "unknown" aspect of their game/s (strengths/weaknesses) is not longer a secret, and also that like everyone else they are human, and tend to evolve differently from their present position.

    Nevertheless, this phenomenon is something to applaud and maybe for other countries, to learn from. I'm not sure that is entirely possible for most other countries though- they don't have the numbers, or in some cases, the quality of infrastructure and backroom support that the China youngsters can depend upon.

  17. Likes scorpion1 liked this post
  18. #338
    Regular Member craigandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Saina won an international tournament at home? Is this the first time she has managed this feat? (Not counting that CWG thingie of course...)
    2009 and 2010 India gp and gpg. Still must be relieved to bag this one.

  19. #339
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin L View Post
    In short, K Srikanth shocked Xue Song in G1, but somehow in G2 Xue Song was able to save himself barely, then in G3 it was Xue Song who turned the tables on Srikanth.

    You really got to watch it live to feel the excitement, the despair, the highs and the lows of both players in order to experience the overall impact of not knowing the final outcome until the very end. Even now as I write, the lingering effect is still with me.
    I thought the match will be finished in straight-sets when Srikanth lead 19-12 then Xue S got second wind to pull out and locked Srikanth to seal game 2 with 21-19, a great comeback by Xue S and big wasting from Srikanth as the local hope only needed 2 points to win here, what a dramatic MS match...
    Xue Song expressed his winning so emotionally as he was at the edge of losing.

    Well, home fans were still cheering for WS match, Saina finally nailed it as she said Lucknow is the lucky ground for her.

  20. Likes Loh liked this post
  21. #340
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Malaysia BOLEH...!!!
    Posts
    4,268
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Xue Song is only 20yrs old (correct if I'm wrong) and he is a very solid player, damn fit (look at his body - he showed off his solid 6 packs after winning the match). Even Morten said his body is like robot, very solid...

    I predict XS is the next Chen Long... really envy China for such talented junior player playing so well in GP...

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •