Seeking tips/advise on next racket upgrade

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Priore, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Hi guys,

I've been reading around on badmintoncentral for quite a while now and yes as you may have noticed, this is my first post (I mostly read around the tips, guides and recommendations you peeps make and really appreciate the information shared by peeps with the same passion for badminton).

For the past 2-3 years, my personal racket has been the Carbonex 20 Special (2UG5) all these while and currently looking for an upgrade to another racket because the frame is getting contorted on one side (held in shape thanks to the string. I presume the next time the string breaks, that's probably one of it's last few moments)

A bit about my playing style: Before the Carbonex 20 Special, the line of rackets I've used have always been the Carbonex series. Until I've read about the isometric frame and the larger sweet spot and stuff. I consider my playing style not "all-out offensive", in fact I'm more geared towards doing fakes and trick shots and when the chance come, a killing smash.

I can't quite put into words my level of strength but if it helps, my current racket feels light and I wield it with ease in my hands.

I'm currently looking at Yonex's series, particularly at Voltric 7, Nanoray 300 and Nanoray 100. Of course, I'm also up for any other recommendation and tips.

The main reason why I'm keen about opinions apart from wanting another perspective is also because of the vast array of rackets out there and primarily isometric frames with all these emphasis on light vs heavy, power vs control - would like to make an informed decision about my next choice of racket. Also, I do not have that much of an experience with many types of other rackets and would like to hear about them from many of your experiences.

My budget would be around that of the 3 aforementioned choices. Thank you for taking time out to assist me, appreciate it lots!

2. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Hey guys, appreciate your opinions on this thanks!

3. jencon13

jencon13 Regular Member

you have a cab 20. aka the best racket in existence. Voltric 7 = meh, nano ray 100 terrible, nanoray 300 is pretty meh too. by that im assuming your budget resumes around the 80-100$ mark (correct me if im wrong, that would be the price where i live).
    Id suggest one of the Cheaper Victor/Adidas rackets, Or Prince/head. Prince and head make really good rackets for what their worth, highly under-rated in my opinion, there just hard to find. Gosen could be another option worth looking down.

4. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
  5. Priore

Priore Regular Member

-
    Correction, my current racket is Carbonex 21 Special (No idea how to edit post)