Yonex Voltric 80 or Voltric Z-Force

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xaiontilt, Jan 24, 2014.

1. xaiontilt

xaiontilt Regular Member

Hey guys!

at the moment, i play with a yonex Z-Slash racket. today in a training session, i played with a friends Voltric 80 and it felt way way better. i play both singles and doubles, like to smash and play fast. i am M 22 years old and play about 6 hours a week.

my thought is to buy either the voltric 80 or z force. they are pretty similar i guess, since they are in the same "voltric"-family. :D what are the upsides of both rackets, maybe even downsides compared to each other?

furthermore, i would buy my racket at http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk/ (no adverstisement, if its not ok to post this link, tell me or edit it out if u r a mod) and they offer to string the racket with various strings. which one suits these kinds of rackets best?

many questions i know, i hope someone finds the time to answer them! thank u in regards.

2. malinosega

malinosega Regular Member

student
    I ve tried them both and i like voltric 80 better. The diff in frame size and sweetspot is a big deal for me. I used to like zf for its aerodynamic and bigger power due to more head heavy and smaller frame but after using it for a while a have many frame hits and quite hard to hit on sweetspot. Moreover when the shuttle is not stable or bit windy. Zf is a fraction faster than vt80 and has solid feeling due to this compact frame, but i personally wont sacrifice frame size and sweetspot for that lil speed. I really feel the diff when blocking booming smashes.

in terms of looks, vt80 has more artistic and majestic impression while zf is futuristic and elegant. Just the downside of zf matte finish is the sticker can easily peel off and hard to wipe the dirt off the white matte part. And for all white cones racket, when the tip paint starts to crack or chips off due to shaft movements is really noticable. Other issue is the clicking noise on the cone after a while with zf which i had as well of some others experienced as well.

but to be fair they are both excellent racket by yonex in terms of power and precision, if u can tame them.

3. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I'll also have to echo the post above with similar thoughts. I've only used the Z-Force a few games, but I found I gelled much better with the VT80 over the ZF. I just felt it had a larger sweet spot, was more consistent, and was a bit easier to wield too. There are times when you can extract more power from the Z-Force, but not quite as consistently as the VT80. In-fact, overall I'd actually say I was getting more power from the VT80. The Z-force did feel ever so slightly quicker in areas though.

As touched on, the Z-Force is also a far more demanding racket even though these rackets are from a similar family, and even though the VT80 is already quite a head heavy and stiff racket. I can't imagine I'd want to settle with the ZF as a long term partner as it really is quite strenuous to use.

4. Zackster

Zackster Regular Member

Student
    If you like VT80, that means you prefer,stiff, head heavy rackets. I own a few good rackets, Armotec 700, VT80, MX JJS, Superwave 35, Voltric 70, Arc-z, and Lining N80. The best of all is my Armotec 700. Something similar to that would be VT80. I tried Z-force and I disliked, it is totally different from VT80 i guess you have to have a strong arm to use it as it is a physically demanding racket. Go with VT 80 you won't be disappointed.

5. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    So bizzare to me that out of all those rackets, the Armotec 700 is the one you like best. Maybe racket technology isn't moving as far forward as they'd have you believe...

6. AezranHakim

AezranHakim Regular Member

Office Boy
    Hey bro! Id recommend you to go for the z force comparing to the vt80! Having used both racquets competitively, I find out that on my hands with a good 28lbs string setup the z force moves faster and livelier. Defensive shots and drives are pretty awesome for the weight. If u feel that you cant use this racquet to the fullest, carry some light dumbbells everyday or something to support. Mind you, saying this i would refer to the 4U version instead of the 3U version. The z force can carry a good beating on high tensions compared to the VT80 based on my experience, downside only is that after extensive use, the sticker indications might pull off, nothing bad but it would not look as nice as new lah! In and out its my main racquet now, all 5 in the bag are all on the same spec and same tension. The best so far.....until i can get my hands and money and change the whole set to the Nanoray Z-Speed :cool:

7. xaiontilt

xaiontilt Regular Member

ty for your post!

but u have 5 z force?! :eek:

and why do you want to change to z speed?