User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are some good drills to do with 1 shuttlecock and a practice partner?

What are some good drills to do with 1 shuttlecock and a practice partner?

Right now I have the following down:

1. Clear for 5 mins
    2. Smash for 5 mins
    3. Drop for 5 mins
    4. Smash defense for 5 mins
    5. drive for 5 mins

Pretty much do everything, but I think the problem with this is it doesn't work as well as when someone can feed you a bunch of birds =/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

smash block lift

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

net game. danish game.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favourite drill is corners work. One feeder at the net (or in a back corner) and they feed shots to the back of the court, or to the net, occasionally hitting drives at the body. The worker just hits all shots back to their partner. The feeder should mix in higher shots and flatter shots. Their goal is to keep going for 20 consecutive shots. If you miss a shot, you must start again. The feeder must not miss any shots.

This is an awesome singles drill, and for learning how to play when very very tired (a helpful hint - aim at least a foot above the net!)

Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have 1 shuttle How bout just do net shots so you dont destroy the shuttle, or fast drive net play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or see if you can borrow or blag some more shuttles. It will give you a bit longer on the drills.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MSeeley View Post
    My favourite drill is corners work. One feeder at the net (or in a back corner) and they feed shots to the back of the court, or to the net, occasionally hitting drives at the body. The worker just hits all shots back to their partner. The feeder should mix in higher shots and flatter shots. Their goal is to keep going for 20 consecutive shots. If you miss a shot, you must start again. The feeder must not miss any shots.

This is an awesome singles drill, and for learning how to play when very very tired (a helpful hint - aim at least a foot above the net!)

Good luck!
    Thanks!
    I think I know what drill you are referring to now because my coach has started making us do it too. Where one person (the feeder) stands at one position and hits it to various locations and the worker just tries to hit it back to that person.

Will try to do yours too Thanks alot!