tournament format

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, Apr 22, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    played a local tournament today. they use a format that is quite different than the ones i am used to. basically, they put everyone on the same group initially. mix us all up, and then let us play two matches. depending on the winner/loser of the first two matches, they then divide us into A/B/C/D levels. and then we play normal elimination.

what other format have you played?

anyway, my partner are aiming for level B/C and we ran into a really strong pair for our first match. we had a really close game (something like 12/15,13/15), but we eventually lost and ended up in level C. the pair who beat us ended up in the level B final, and seeing the level of the games, they should be the eventual winner.

2. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    USABadminton is sponsoring a BCD tournament in Shreveport, LA in a few weeks, but I haven't been training for a while (just playing) and have doubts about going. How did you like the format? Would you want to do that again?

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it was alright. not perfect. but from a player's standpoint, we were guaranteed 3 matches. which is quite nice. but at the same time, we weren't able to enter two levels at the same time. or enter two levels with different partners.

and also, since it puts you in different levels based on your win/loss, its possible that some may choose to lose a match coz they don't want to get into level A and get killed, etc.