Repair racquet paint chips ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NemChua, Jan 27, 2014.

1. NemChua

NemChua Regular Member

Engineering student
    Hello guys !

I was wondering if it was possible to fix the racquet paint chips ?...
    I was playing doubles when my partner hit my racquet. The impact was hard...
    Some paint went off the racquet, but i fear that my Z-slash is even more damaged :'(
    I wanted at least to repair the paint chips... But i don't know if there's any way to do so.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i'm assuming that paint came off of your frame, and it's safe to assume that some of the carbon graphite came off as well, in that case it would be hard to fix. from what i have seen most people just leave it as is because there's pretty much no way of fixing a chip unless you can somehow find the same kind of carbon graphite and fill in the spot where it was chipped, then paint match it to paint it the same color, then another layer of gloss or protectant on top of that.

if you are somehow attached to this racket for whatever reason, may it be sentimental or practical, i would suggest you go out and buy a couple more copies, that way you won't have to worry about breaking it and not finding an "exact" replacement.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Easy. Just bring your racket with you to the cosmetic counter and look for matching nail polish. If you have a wife or girl friend, just rummage thru her collection. :D

When applying, use thin even layers. Best to let it dry a few hrs in between layers if you need to apply several layers to make up for the thickness.

#3 visor, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  4. Bbcboy

Bbcboy Regular Member

If it's just a paint chip then I use the enamel paint for model making to touch it up, you can use a primer first then paint the required colour on top. The paints and primer are pretty cheap and even though they come in little tubs, it'll last ages for this purpose and there are loads of colours to choose from.