Adidas feather team shoes... Help needed

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by rohail1984, Jan 27, 2014.

1. rohail1984

rohail1984 Regular Member

self employed
  2. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    For badminton, why would you want to use shoes designed for tennis?
    It's not as if there is a shortage of shoes designed for badminton, is it?

3. rohail1984

self employed
    Thats why I asked this question here bcoz I didn't know if these are tennis shoes as they appear under INDOOR SHOES category. Also I didn't found it mentioned anywhere that they are tennis shoes, on the contrary, I have found written badminton, squash and volleyball on couple of webs. And that's why I wanted to get different opinions... Thnx for ur time anyway...

4. DtEWSacrificial

DtEWSacrificial Regular Member

There are a few European websites that also list them as handball shoes. I think this is just a general non-basketball indoor court shoe before Adidas got serious about badminton with the BT Feather.

5. rohail1984

self employed
    yes true, i also saw couple of webs selling them for handball... as there are no issue of cushioning or anything involved that is specifically required for a badminton shoe, i also think are generally produced indoor shoes and can work for badminton too. actually they r being old only at £20 and they look neat and good production quality. thats why i asked this question here. thanks for ur time :)

6. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They are suitable for indoors yes, whether they are good for badminton is another matter but for that price it can't hurt to test (unless of course the grip is poor and you injure yourself ^^). "Team" models are budget versions of the good/top models ...
    Whatever you do: don't use the amazon link posted by brandicted. Way too overpriced and for only $15 the same seller sells the top version. Same model as linked to selling in UK for 52GBP incl. VAT (which of course get's deducted for non-EU buyers making them 44GBP/$72USD vs $115; not factoring in shipping)

As for Adidas getting serious about badminton: I still don't see anything special about the BT Feather.
    Here is the new Feather Elite 2 "handball" shoe which is practically a carbon copy. And of course the older Elite version was marketed as the "badminton" model in Japan (and the BT Feather and this Elite 2 still use that same outer sole as the original).

[​IMG]

#6 demolidor, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Of course I must add that there is another specific line for handball whereas these were first presented as the badminton shoe (BT) as well as the older Elite was listed as the badminton shoe in the Olympic lineup before Adidas Badminton even existed.
    The Elite 2 is not a "new new" model by the way, already out last year, but "new Elite" model.

#7 demolidor, Feb 2, 2014
  8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What the heck is this new adware cr*p?!? :D Apologize to brandicted for thinking of spam links :p (must've been cause of the username ;))

Back to the original question: the main issue will be whether the rubber is good enough quality for good grip on these cheaper models. Of course it wholely depends on the level of intensity you play it whether or not you need the best of the best ...

Sidestepping one more time just to show off this (now I get why one shop has it lised as "black/neon orange"; from the picture above it looks nothing but red ... must be that infrared again :cool:)

[video=youtube;csk105LAMWE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csk105LAMWE[/video]

#8 demolidor, Feb 2, 2014