User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello @phili ,

Are you also using the progression 602? I'm not sure they make just a marginally taller support. Did you ask for that and get one?
    @kwun I called Gamma and they suggest sanding down the curve of the 12 o'clock mount so that it's flat to prevent the head of the racket from slipping downward. Do you think this is good or should I get the MBS load spreader and just use the standard support?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbinbette View Post
    Hello @phili ,

Are you also using the progression 602? I'm not sure they make just a marginally taller support. Did you ask for that and get one?
    @kwun I called Gamma and they suggest sanding down the curve of the 12 o'clock mount so that it's flat to prevent the head of the racket from slipping downward. Do you think this is good or should I get the MBS load spreader and just use the standard support?
    I am using the Progression II 602FC. I had the same problem at first but after discussing the problem with my retailer he sent me the right support after he asked Gamma USA about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbinbette View Post
    I called Gamma and they suggest sanding down the curve of the 12 o'clock mount so that it's flat
    I wonder if people will jump on Gamma for getting the customer to use a backyard mechanics fix instead of providing a proper solution as much as they jump on Victor at Eagnas when he suggests similar fixes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Gamma or promoting Eagnas as at this point I have 0 experience with either (still trying to convince the wife to let me get a stringer). Just an observation is all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bobbinbette, I have always used the larger weight. I also assumed the tension would be accurate due to the fact that it is a drop weight machine. Could you also do some testing with the accuracy with the bigger weight? I would love to know but I do not have a tension scale equipment.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the responses everyone!

As it turns out, Gamma did manufacture a slightly longer 12 o'clock badminton support that was supposed to ship with the new machines. This was to match the new V shape shoulder supports. However, they accidentally shipped me that matched the old L shaped shoulder supports and was too short.

I gave them a call and they said they'll ship me the proper support asap. Overall, it was a small mistake and their customer support is fantastic.

@heroclass, I would use the large weight assembly as I found it to be very accurate, however I found the weight to be in the way of the first 2-4 main strings. The weight is so close to the gripper, that it hits the handle of the racket. How did you go about avoiding this?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@xgumbyx regarding their backyard fix, they're quite on top of things. According to the Gamma representative that I talked to, they are currently re-molding the support cushion to the same form suggestion that they gave me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I realized that as well in the beginning so on my first couple pulls with my shaft facing the drop weight I had to make sure the handle does not get in the way of the drop weight. So I was prob use my finger just enough to stop the racquet from getting in the way. The degree is so small that I assume its almost the same as the straight angler pull. It had to be done.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll try using the entire weight assembly tonight and push the shaft to the side like you suggest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm now that I read your post.. my 6004 must have the wrong 12 o clock support then. I notice mine sits high up on it much like your picture. Time to e-mail the rep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you emailed therm do you need to send in a receipt in order for u to get the correct supplies?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rep forwarded my emails to Gamma directly. I called and spoke to one of their representatives.

I'm not sure if they've shipped the new support yet to me so I'll verify tomorrow. Not sure if they'll need the receipt or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it possible to measure your badminton support? Talking with Gamma's technician they said if you measure 57mm from the base to the top it's for the L shaped supports and 63mm for the V supports.. but the pics he showed me look like the ones for 602
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good information to know.

I'll go back and check my support, though from what I remember, I'm pretty sure my support is the one on the left.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey bobbinbette? How did stringing with the big weight on perform? I finally realized what you meant by ~26lbs on the scale. But it made me paranoid thinking if the bar scale gamma provided is accurate or not. Eg, if I set 30 lbs on my drop weight, does it actually pull 30 lbs? I do not have a fishing scale to measure this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Heroclass. I found that if you use the big weight assembly, their main scale (up to 90lbs) is quite accurate. After using the big weight on 2 rackets so far, I found that it's not really getting in the way of the handle as much as I thought it would. I'd just stick to using the whole weight assembly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just checked my badminton load spreader and it is indeed the 57mm model meant for the L shaped side supports.

Hopefully once I receive the 63mm model, it'll solve all of my issues regarding the load spreader.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryC View Post
    Is it possible to measure your badminton support? Talking with Gamma's technician they said if you measure 57mm from the base to the top it's for the L shaped supports and 63mm for the V supports.. but the pics he showed me look like the ones for 602

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the 57mm, the MBFS-11, and the 63mm, the MBFS-10?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast