What is the "solid feel"

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by onlinekute17, Jan 30, 2014.

1. onlinekute17

onlinekute17 Regular Member

When I read around the forum I saw people saying some racquets have more "solid feeling" than the others.
    Then I hold a BS 11 and a Li Ning N55 II, theoretically the Li Ning will be more solid, but after many hits I still couldn't find out what that feeling is.
    Can anyone tell me?
    Thanks

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    solid to me is when you execute a hard powerful shot, you don't feel much vibration, but more of a "thud" sound. different people will use "solid" differently. yonex is "solid" compared to victor's "hollow" feel. there is a difference between solid and just pure too dampened. if you use a nanoray20, that's a feel that's just completely dampened without any "feel" or "communication". but if you pick up a voltric z force, you'll feel that there's vibration to the handle, but without the "hollow" feel, that's "solid".

3. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

solidly said, that drives the point home well ;)

4. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

i just got a N55II (i also have BS9 and 10), i think it just means the vibration/feel you get off the racket when you hit, also how much the head wobbles (front and back and also twisting). I think the N55II is a great racket, loads of power and great for driving.

5. onlinekute17

onlinekute17 Regular Member

People keep getting N55 II home while I cannot sell it.
    So sad :|