Trip to VAN - 4/9-4/14

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by LazyBuddy, Feb 20, 2004.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, just cancelled my CA trip. Sorry again for my CA buddies.

However, the trip to VAN is for "REAL" now!!! Just booked my ticket, and I will be in VAN in April!

Schedule:
    1. Arrive @ YVR (hope this airport code is right, heheheheh) @ 11pm Fri 4/9

2. Leave @ YVR @ 8am Wed 4/14.

Hopefully meet up some BFers between Sat and Tues, especially during the wkends. Any plan (baddy related prefer, :D ) is welcome.

Finally, I am coming... ;)

2. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
  3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the greeting...

However, I believe BMS's tourny is on 4/4, but I won't be in town until 4/9... Unless BMS want to delay his progress.... hehehehehe... j/k

But yeah, prepared for some actions now. ;)

4. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    Oh oops...in my haste.... I forgot about that LB. Well, come play with us the Sunday you are here if you can ^_^. There are a number of BF'ers at BMS's dropin.

:D

5. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Whooooo....

...I am in Vancouver that weekend staying until Monday evening. There will be lots of badminton to be played (but unfortunately I can only make it to one...family time) :(

Saturday evening (after 8:30pm), we can try the VRC again. During the day, ClearOne might be a good option. Sunday afternoon, BMS's session at Collingwood is good, evening - you can try the Richmond Badminton Club. There are others and I think someone has to take the lead. Only problem that I can see is that we will have an additional number of players showing up for what are regulars sessions (Collingwood & RBC & VRC) which might cause problems with the regular players.

At ClearOne, booking courts will help with that problem and VRC is not too bad as you can play until you drop (as long we have enough VRC members to sign in the guest...they are checking at the door).

6. Traum

Traum Regular Member

~woohoo! Another BF buddy coming to Vancouver for a visit! Awesome! (But 4 days are just too short!)

Saturdays are probably ClearOne's busiest day. If we were gonna book courts there, we should do it early (a week or two in advanced is more than enough).

-Rick

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    I think it'll be easier for the majority of the guys that we commit to one day at one place. Me and LB could attend all the club sessions, but not everybody can. As WWC has mentioned, there are other factors why some of us can't play for the whole stretch of days. Highly doubted about VRC and Collingwood Sundays since they both have limits on drop-ins. C1 is a possibility if we could book one or two courts for the entire evening. How about if we repeat BMS' Killarney holiday session? That's quite a success judging from the thread generated.

8. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Wow... sounds nice... hehehehhe... isn't that what I am coming for? :D

I'd better train hard and stay in shape the next month or so. ;)

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    LB sorry that you can't make it to the Bay Area this time. well, there bound to have another chance. i hope you have fun in Vancouver, and as usual, remember to take many pictures and post them here!

10. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

For the Sunday April 11 session at Collingwood, I'll see if I can save LB a special spot!

Oh by the way, I guess having a carry-on bag containing 50 Official BF T-Shirts would not be a good way of being cheap on shipping! ;) :D

See you soon!

11. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    No need to train prior to arrival. You will be cashing in ONE FREE LESSON as previously promised. Set aside a few hours, I will make sure you get more than ample training in... heheheheh

I've been a bit absent lately, quite busy with work, and my latest injury - recovered, and re-injured again. But by the time you get here, should be able to give you all some games.

I don't have time to plan and schedule court times/dateas, but there are plently of other BFers that can do that for your stay. I'll try to keep that week relatively free so I can make at most of the times as possible.

We're going to have some fun with LB! heheheheheh (coach's glee!):D :D

12. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yikes! Badrad, gotta take care of that playing arm of yours... otherwise you may have to switch hands playing against us:D.

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    LB will be treated to multiple lessons ;). Apart from Master Badrad, there are a host of other qualified coaches and sparing partners :). LB, make sure you loose 5 lbs before your arrival so you can thoroughly soak up the intensive training. As a compliment, on court fitness and polymetric are included, starting at maximum repetition per 15 seconds and going all the way up to 60 seconds :D.

14. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Aiya... you better be more careful when you're nursing that shoulder, you know? Recurring injuries can be a major pain in the butt, and the injured area becomes a lot more prone to getting hurt again.

Take care of yourself, you know?

-Rick

15. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Injuries

Like Badrad, I am out of the action for at least 2 weeks due to a twisted ankle on Friday night!!! :(

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Kwun,

I think I am suppose to be the one to say sorry. Feel a little bit guilty to let ur guys planning for me, but had to change at the last minute.

Hopefully, I can get another vacation in Sept frame, so, maybe we can meet in US Open?

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Wow, thanks a lot. Make me feel very important right now. Hope I can perform well, so, won't waste this golden oppotunity.

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Nice, u still remember this free lesson? Hahahahahah... sure, I am more than willing to take it. Just hope I can stay alive after the "torture session".

Take care ur body first, even though, I think u can beat me badly even with ur non-racket hand. ;)

19. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Re: Injuries

Yeah, saw that last night as I was chugging down a few beers and chicken wings... Looked rather nasty. Did you ice it later at home? Use RICE method to get it back to normal soon.

20. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Re: Re: Injuries

Yeah, I iced it last night. It was too bad. 2 motrins every 4 hours and ice pack did the most of the job.

I'll take ya. It was an interesting experience resting on VRC's wooden floor! :D