Feather shuttlecocks

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by moose1980, Jan 31, 2014.

1. moose1980

moose1980 Regular Member

mental health nurse
    hi all,

looking to buy some feather shuttlecocks for club standard play, mostly singles matches, and wondered what peoples thoughts were on what are the best to buy? I don't really want to spend more than £13 a tube, max... One of the players had brought with him Ashaway 10 feather shuttlecocks and they seemed to play very well - one feather lasting at least three games...

Ta!

2. moose1980

moose1980 Regular Member

mental health nurse
    Took a chance after reading some on-line reviews and bought two tubes of "Ashaway Quill Gold 400 speed 78" at £12 a tube... Would still like to hear peoples views!

3. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

I wouldn't limit myself to a fixed price per tube. What you will find with the more expensive shuttlecocks is that they last longer and that cheap shuttlecocks may provide false economy.

Real life examples, I played with a group of friends and brought my tube of Adidas G-Pro, which was brought for £19 from London Grand Prix. We used 4 shuttlecocks for 2 hours, typical usage would be almost a full tube of Ashaway 300. That's £6.33 vs almost £12 in terms of value.

4. tonykimatpl

tonykimatpl Regular Member

Student
    I'm in Vancouver and I recently bought a tube of Hero No.1s, the store owner told me from experience that they were equal to Yonex AS-50s. Honestly, if your local store has them, give them a try! I've played with them a bit, and durability as well as control are both great. The only difference between AS-50s and the Hero No.1 is the price. The Hero No.1s were $22.50 CAD tax included. I've seen them go cheaper online :) As opposed to a tube of AS-50s which cost $34 CAD plus tax. The Heros seem to be quite a new brand, and the no.1s are their top of the line. no.9s are the lower end. Highly recommend!

5. Ihasdapie

Ihasdapie Regular Member

Student
    Use them two, but i use the n 9 cause cheaper :p Even those are good... For me, one of those n9 can last a game or two o singles with, and one of doubles.

6. tonykimatpl

tonykimatpl Regular Member

Student
    Ohh haha i see... I thought that the no.9s were a bit sketchy... You could do better for the price with hang yu no.2s or even victor blues.

7. Ihasdapie

Ihasdapie Regular Member

Student
    Meh.. I'm too cheap for that, BUT I will be getting some :)

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Leave me a message, I have my own brand of shuttlecocks, i could provide good price