Need help with my New Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ravy's, Jan 31, 2014.

1. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    Hi.

I need some help to buy a new racquet. So, I stop to play at one year ago and I sell my old racquet (Victor Bravesword 10 - Actually I feel a litle dissapointed about that racquet, but I dont known why), now I start training again and want start competition and I dont have any, only that ones with wood grips at my club ^^ :crying:

Im really confused about which brand should my racquet be, Yonex or Victor... My game style is more ofensive, I dont like the defensive playstyle at all... I love to smash and do so netshots and clears, all with power and love the "BOOOM" sound of the racquet.

So I think that I should buy a offensive one right?

Could you guys help me ? Unfortunately by budget is not the best.

I only can spend + - = 108,889 USD Dollar (80 Euro)

2. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    Play 3 times a week. Im not a professional player, but a competitive one.
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    Agressive smasher
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    Well... I dont known answer ahah
    4. How much money do you want to spend?
    108,889 USD Dollar (80 Euro)

3. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Actually, I would like to hear what you didn't like about the Victor BS10. How were you disappointed? Certain shots you could not do or something other?

I would not concern with brand, your question should be more of which model you should look into. I'm not familiar with the brands available in your area. If you list some brands you see around you, it may help others drop a model for you to research.

4. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    I feel a bit disapointed with Victor BS10 because I think I dont adapted well to the racquet, I also play a short time with her... And 20 and 20 days the string broke up.

Should I wait to the end of February and see which new racquets come in new collection ?

5. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    String break do not have to do with racket. Don't blame the racket for that. Either it was old strings, or mis hit on edge. What was the string and tension? Still not sure what your problem was with the BS10. Lack of power? Could be you, the racket, or string tension. New announced rackets will not help much, in fact it can hurt your decision. Better for you to research rackets already available because those will have the most feedback and reviews.

6. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    Well.. I dont known the string and tension, was always the coach who do that. No I have the power, but I dont known ^^ I simply expect more, maybe because it was the first "TOP" racquet that I tried.

Thank's for your help :)

7. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    Sticking with the Victor line, go to the Victor Fan Club thread, near the end, there are posts regarding the Victor line, there's details on stiffness and head heavy balance, as well as RRI (overall racket response).

Use that as a guideline to compare where your old BS10 would be at versus all the others in the line. This way you should have a starting point of which racket may suit you better. I would look for something leaning towards head heavy and you can decide how stiff you want to try out.

8. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    The OP doesn't seem to know why he doesn't like the BS 10, or what's wrong with BS 10 in his hands. So looking at the Victor RRI compilation isn't going to help him.

9. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    I like the racquet.. I just feel a bit disapointed, but it was the best racquet that I've tried, but was the first "TOP" that I try..

10. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Ravy, you are from Portugal, right? Does the most expensive wine taste the best to everyone?
    Of course not, so why should a "top" racket have to be perfect for everyone.

You need to find your racket, not a top racket. The best place to start is not to look at lists, but to try out rackets of your friends' to get an idea of what you like.

If none of your friends has a racket that you like enough that you want to buy one, then post what you liked or didnt' like and the BC community can make suggestions from that information.

The choice of rackets is so large now, that people are getting "option anxiety" --- so worried about getting "the best" that they are paralyzed from making a decision.
    Or, if they do make a decision, then they are immediately struck by doubt and regret their purchase.
    Don't get caught up in that foolishness. Know yourself. Buy an appropriate tool. Train like crazy. And succeed!

#10 Fidget, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  11. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    Hi Fidget.

I understand you and you're completely right!

That's my problem, most of my friends use cheap ones like counterfeit racket, so I' have no idea what I search in a racket.

What I want is exactly what you say, suggestions of racket's based on my preferences : I' like offensive rackets and Im a agressive smasher, and I can pay 100 Euros as max budget.

Really thank you for your answer ! ;)

12. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Totally understand your predicament.
    Not sure what is available in Lisbon.

Babolat makes a wide range of rackets. The N-Tense and N-Force series have power based rackets -- Power and Blast -- which are a few years old, and therefore affordable (at least around here).
    http://www.babolat.com/product/badminton

The best bang-for-buck I have ever bought was a Victor Tornado 626. With proper strings, it just begs to be swung hard every time.

Not being a power guy myself, I can't advice much more. But the BC brains online will hopefully give you more ideas of rackets that suit you --- and aren't new and expensive. :) Good Luck!

13. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

someone say wine??? im here, im here!!

ravy's.. don't make a rash decision.. 80euros = decent budget, you don't have to compromise on something that doesn't help you and regret later. as you're unsure, best would be if you can try as many rackets as you can, maybe something (branded) from friends or other players... or let your coach observe and advise you.

14. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    In Lisbon we got everything, but in my club no one have, the only one is Voltric 5 that my friend have (50 euros here).

Sorry, but in badminton I just want yonex or victor brands xD

I hope they give me more ideas ! Thank you once again ;)

15. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    wineee :p

So, you are saying that I can buy a good racket with my available budget ? As I said I dont have a way to try other rackets...

16. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    imho, even with all the fake (or low budget) racquets in your club, much can be learned. I play about these 3 things : Weight, Balance, Stiffness. I feel that even from trying out fakes (or low budget racquets), you can also learn more about your preferences.

Keep an open mind about brands. Though I agree Yonex and Victor are awesome (I prefer Victor), other brands may just be more suitable for you. No harm looking at the other girls, right? :D

#16 atypical, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  17. Magehai

Magehai Regular Member

Imo for someone who doesnt quite know what they want in a racket, the best bet is to look at mid-range, medium stiff, even balanced, 3u models. Any decent brand should be fine.

A racket wont make or break your game, its just that as u play more u develop a preference for certain characteristics in a racket, i.e. Head heavy, lighter, stiffer, etc..

18. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Second Magehai's advice...should start frm there.

19. ravy's

ravy's Regular Member

Sport's Student
    well.. I already try some head heavy and lighter, and I feel more confortable with head heavy ones

20. Magehai

Magehai Regular Member

for head heavy choices, it's the Thruster series from Victor, and the Voltric series from Yonex.