Arctic winter games 2014

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by BBEdrummerAK, Feb 1, 2014.

1. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    Hello! I didn't know where exactly I should post this, and admins, I do apologize, but I was curious if anyone else in here was going to be involved with the Badminton tournament for this years Arctic Winter Games in Fairbanks, Alaska, this coming March. I was asked to be the boys coach this year, and am quite excited about the opportunity. I'm not the most experienced or the best player in my club, but people agreed I should have the chance because of my enthusiasm towards the sport.

Be it player or even coaches, I would love to meet you before March! :)

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Enthusiasm counts for a lot. And so does the respect given to you by your peers suggesting you for the job. Have fun and good luck to your team! :)

3. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    Thanks! And we will need it. Badminton is kind of a tough sell for the 13-19yo range (the AWG athletes fall into this age, as it is International competition for kids, essentially)...we couldn't even fully fill the team. I hope with the rising popularity of badminton in Anchorage again, that might get kids talking and we can have some gooood players for the 2016 games in Greenland!