Best place to get a gamma 6004?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by mysteryman592, Feb 6, 2014.

1. mysteryman592

mysteryman592 Regular Member

IT
    Hey guy,

I have recently upgraded to a WISE 2086 but I want to know where I could get a gamma 6004. The only places I found was in the states so is there a place in Canada for it or will I have to go to the states to get one? Also does it get any cheaper than $1349

2. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Stringing machines tend to not go on sale.
    Please read this thread:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ne-in-Canada?p=2157970&viewfull=1#post2157970

And yes..that's probably the best price in Canadian dollars given that our dollar is falling compared to the US dollar.

The only way you can get any savings is buying used...and it's not that much savings since 6 point stringing machines don't depreciate much at all (save on duties/taxes + a couple hundred). The 6004 i own was bought used. If i were to sell mine today..it would be more...just because i have the castors installed on it, along with the Chudek Supports.

If you plan to string for others, you will be able to recoup the costs fairly quickly...short term pain for long term gain.

#2 DarthHowie, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  3. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

I agree with DarthHowie. Used ones always run for less but there aren't too many people looking to sell theirs because they know it's a pretty good machine. Pretty easy to use and solid clamps. The Canadian dollar isn't look too good so if you were to purchase from US and have it shipped over along with the taxes, you may run up to the $2K mark.

Ever take a look at the Li-Ning M807 manual crank machine? Considering you can order online and they ship to you free, you won't need to deal with any duties and currency issues. There are some people who do have this machine including Tim Yu, Charles Pyne, and Yi Tai who may be able to give you some feedback on the machine.

4. mysteryman592

mysteryman592 Regular Member

IT
    I have considered the Li Ning one as Im part of the Li Ning team but the gamma 6004 looks more solid from reviews. Was thing of getting it but no money for it. Just wanted to get the infomation so when I make enough I'll get the machine. Would be nice if someone from the Li Ning team made a video review of the machine so people can compare it better.

5. Trinhity

Trinhity Regular Member

Why not make a video of your machine so we can all know what to expect? :)
    I've used the E3000 and that one is pretty solid too. I found the clamp locking mechanism on the Li-Ning stringing machines are easier to manage than the 6004. The 6004 uses some kind of rubber stopper under the switch which blows up after some time and you end up having the metal switch knocking against a metal pin that is designed to prevent the switch from going 360 on you. Not sure if that made any sense at all hahaha