User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OhSearsTower View Post
    to me this is just simple playing better than usual!

no strategy no psychology..its playing better..

if you are able to vary your game more..to play closer to the lines..why not just make it always?!

i think your point in disrupting the rhythm of your opponent IS a possibilty to throw your opponents of, but you dont do it in simply playing better

what disturbs me in all those strategy/psychology threads recently opened by birdy is that it sounds like thats an area one should work on
    i guess the width of skill in this forum is very wide, and maybe 90% of guys here should focus on technique..physique..thats much more effective!
    you squeeze out the very last edges of your game with psychology, and i think the vast majority here has way bigger issues to take care of!

only the best 10% are so good and are not able to improve their game anymore (due to lack of time, agening etc.) so they might think about psychological strategies to beat players here and then who are a tiny bit better

of course this is a free forum where it can be discussed about absolutely everything - and should be!
    but i see a felt dozen threads about questions how to manipulate the tiniest things that are pretty irrelevant if one is not already at a very top level

edit: just counted..its even one more than a dozen threads

edit 2: to make a distribution to the original thread question:

my approach against a better pair is that i tend to play higher risk shots and just hope to have a good day

if i play normal and "safe" i lose anyway, so i play riskier, tougher shots and hope they work better than usual

worse opponents definitely threw me off in the past by talking nicely..beeing chatty and friendly...so i lose focus and play worse
    older people like to do that

but thats a thing that cant be done so easily by anybody..you must actually be friendly and loose and also look somewhat harmless while yourself playing well
    Saying that you lost focus is psychological if anything. Or does this too have anything to do with strength and technique? Unless you are one of the 10% of the best players, you have just contradicted yourself :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course it is psychological, how do you think i think its not???
    there is a clear seperation between my first part (general stuff about the psychology threads) and my second part (referring to the thread itself)

so would you suggest to make yourself old and limping and loose/joking and playing weak to throw better opponents off and win? good luck with that strategy lol
    it might work if you are actually old and weak and dont care about the game as i wrote already...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OhSearsTower View Post
    of course it is psychological, how do you think i think its not???
    there is a clear seperation between my first part (general stuff about the psychology threads) and my second part (referring to the thread itself)

so would you suggest to make yourself old and limping and loose/joking and playing weak to throw better opponents off and win? good luck with that strategy lol
    it might work if you are actually old and weak and dont care about the game as i wrote already...
    First of all, there is no need to get so heated up. All the replies you made so far basically says that: technique and physical strength comes before psychological problems. This is what I've understood from your replies in this thread. About other threads, I have no idea because I've not read them.

Second, no one is saying that one should mimic an old man (when did I ever do that by the way?). What we are talking about is how to play against better players. One idea is to exploit the fact that they actually are better and that they may take for granted that they are the ones to win. If this works or not is another matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just enjoy the game and try to play some good rallys and score a few points, that would be my approach when the other team is undisputedly better in all major departments e.g. tactics,physical and technical. It that is the case there is simply no way you can beat them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3