Is there a time you don't feel like playing?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by alien9113, Feb 7, 2014.

1. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I’m not sure if anyone ever has this feeling. You don't feel like playing, but you don't mind a training session.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yea especially after losing in a tournament i feel like i suck more than normal and i wanted to train more with more drills

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i love the variety offered by both. drills are less mental and more physical; while games are the opposite, more mental and less physical, require more focus and thinking.

sometimes after a long day sitting at work, i just don't have the mental capacity to play tough games, in those days, i much prefer doing some drills which are more physical demanding but less mentally. or just play some easy games and have fun with (fun) friends and relax.

4. aboveNbeyond

aboveNbeyond Regular Member

The group and I had a break from badminton during the christmas/newyears holidays since we spend that time with family and some people go on holidays, so it was about a month break for everyone and during that time everyone sort of got 'lazy'. We went from playing 3 times a week to none for a month and no one seemed to want to get back into the habit.
    We only just started playing semi-regularly last week but the vibe isn't the same as before..

5. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Yeah. Sometimes I get this feeling and will find a resting player to drill with me.

Does it sort of put you off such that you don't consider playing for a while until you collected your thoughts again?

During and after the Chinese New Year period, my group hardly played and some of us didn't really well, including me.

I would sometimes just take a breather by resting a few months and focusing a lot more on drills before resuming play again.

Not sure if this is bad attitude as it bothers me a lot.