any1 has APACS Zig Zag Speed review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dsmbooster, Feb 8, 2014.

1. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    I'd tried search engine but no clue,
    here's some info I found :Zig-Zag Gromet
    Increases the racket sweet-spot tension and reduce the likelyhood of the string tension loosing its strength, Z-Speed gromet which will improve and maintain the consistency of nanoray Power and Control.

Isometric head frame
    This was introduced by Yonex and has become popular shape of rackets. It provides 30% than traditional oval head frame. For more larger sweet-spot consistent accuracy and effective off-center hits.

Reinforced Structure Frame
    The new material is adopted in the frame in order to make the frame Ultra high Strength & Stiffness. As a result it can handle string tension of up to 35lbs.

Carbon NanoTube
    Carbon Nanotube improves the frame's elasticity holding the shuttle on the string bed for enhanced control at the point of impact.

Key Specifications:
    --------------------------
    Weight: 84 +/-2g
    Flex: high (9.5)
    Grip: 4uG1
    Max Tension: 35lbs
    Frame: High Modulus Graphite + Zig Zag Gromet System
    Shaft: High Modulus Graphite
    Balance point: 285 +/-3mm Slightly head heavy
    Length: 675mm
    Grommet: 76 Holes
    Color: Black + Orange
    Recommended: singles, doubles and mixed

the specs of APACS is very general, the price is rm129 , about half of Apacs VP,
    how's it compare to Tantrum 200, 300, Visible Hollow 2000, 2020 ?

2. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

maybe the construction and technlogy offer it durablity and strength during actual play, but i can't comment on that. i examined it in-store (didn't get to try it out on court), and it didn't feel much different from the other low-end apacses...frame was a little tougher, but then again, not too solid. i don't remember more, nothing else special strikes me about it, sorry.

3. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    its a very nice racquet, light weight, almost a clone of yonex zspeed2. I use a arcsaber11 nd yonex VTF2 as well, I prefer the apac zigzag when i feel like my elbow is hurting or i feel like i need something lighter for that day. its a highly flex racquest, so even if your wrists are not strong you can make big smashes. I prefer the zigzag and vtf2 when i am playing with nylon, arcsaber 11 on feather, very rarely zigzag as the arcsaber 11 is such a good one on feather, you would be amazed the balance it provides.

4. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    ohh another thing, it clashed with other racquets a few times, still not even a paint chip, where as my friends 2 vtf2, 1 arcsaber fb, 1 arcsaber 11 has brocken, all in the first clash. so i rated apacs zig zag very high.

5. heloanand

heloanand Regular Member

IT Administrator
    we normally use tension between 25lbs or 27lbs

6. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

This is a pretty nice racket, and as heloanand said, a strong one. I had a few really strong clashes with some partners before but there was not a chip on the paint whatsoever whereas my partners had some on their rackets. Performance wise I find it so comfortable, especially with a nanogy 98 string at 26 lbs. My arms don't get tired and as far as I can tell, it's pretty much stable and no vibrations. This is my first apacs racket and what converted me to apacs rackets. I also have a voltric 80 with bg 80p, arcsaber 11 with 65Ti, and Apacs finapi 88 with stern pro. I enjoy the zig zag as much, if not even better than the arcsaber 11.