Racket purchase advice: Intermediate to Advance Player

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kennexreym, Feb 10, 2014.

1. kennexreym

kennexreym Regular Member

Auditor
    Good Afternoon Guys!

I'm new to this forum but i hope you guys could give me an advice for purchasing a new racket.

I'm an intermediate to Advance player.
    4 years ago, I won a championship game (singles) on a regional tournament ( pre national tournament) but did not compete in the national level since I had an asthma attack. Now, i play at a local club and can keep up with the players playing regularly.

I'm more of an offensive player but also has an average accuracy/control for shots.

As a gift last year, i received a Voltric Z force and uses it at the moment. However, I feel wierd when using the racket. I just don't know why. The racket I used before (now missing) is a year 2000 model (I guess) but is not among the famous line of Yonex rackets today but i was comfortable playing with it. Last week, i saw a Yonex Musclepower 22 model racket (color blue) which is priced at Php1790 (affordable).

I'm considering to buy it but having second thoughts.

I hope you guys could help me. Thanks a lot.
    God Bless Badminton Central.

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

YY MP22 is very popular in Indo. Many users said one of the best values in Yonex low-end. But for me personally I don't care if it is low-end as long as I like it, nothing else matters. I myself uses Yonex low-end Yonexes like AT300 and Arcsaber Tour 02, both of them are good rackets.

3. kennexreym

kennexreym Regular Member

Auditor
    Thanks sautom88 :) appreciate it.

4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

You're welcomed. Next time if u like/appreciate someone's post, just click on the thumb at the bottom left of that post. It will only show up when u are logged in. Just a little tip for u.

5. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

why just yonex, there's a lot of new brands and products out there now!
    vtzf if a nice, top end racket. it could be that you're just not used to it... since you already have enough experience trying out more rackets, from your friends, club members or old contacts, can really help you pinpoint something that'll bring out your strengths; take the time and you won't be disappointed. it's all about personal satisfaction in the end!
    good luck! :)