User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Racket Suggestion

I'm 5 foot 5 inch at height, I say I'm quite swift n agile, I just love fast drive n jump smash, not necessarily great power, but I want sharp n speed, I currently use arc 8dx n VT3, as u see they r quite stiff racket and heavy headed (atleast for me), so my baseline stroke n rear court return isn't so good or inconsistent due to my small arm size n lack of power not to mention my defense too, my swing is late and sometimes helpless during defending but I still manage to return some smashes,I think lighter and less stiff but slightly headheavy racket will do for me ,I play more doubles than singles n I'm at the intermediate level, any suggestion? Pretty please....

P/S: I think I don't wanna use Yonex anymore..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amdzar View Post
    I'm 5 foot 5 inch at height, I say I'm quite swift n agile, I just love fast drive n jump smash, not necessarily great power, but I want sharp n speed, I currently use arc 8dx n VT3, as u see they r quite stiff racket and heavy headed (atleast for me), so my baseline stroke n rear court return isn't so good or inconsistent due to my small arm size n lack of power not to mention my defense too, my swing is late and sometimes helpless during defending but I still manage to return some smashes,I think lighter and less stiff but slightly headheavy racket will do for me ,I play more doubles than singles n I'm at the intermediate level, any suggestion? Pretty please....

P/S: I think I don't wanna use Yonex anymore..
    Yeah arc DX series tend to be a tad stiff and since you have trouble clearing from base line to baseline, try a more flexible racquet? I would go in between a medium flexible racquet I suggest the arcsaber I slash, I currently use it because I snapped my strings on my z force..., but yes it's very power in the driving category smashing is quite fast too if you use it right.

3. Likes amdzar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exert View Post
    Yeah arc DX series tend to be a tad stiff and since you have trouble clearing from base line to baseline, try a more flexible racquet? I would go in between a medium flexible racquet I suggest the arcsaber I slash, I currently use it because I snapped my strings on my z force..., but yes it's very power in the driving category smashing is quite fast too if you use it right.
    any other brands? yonex prices bursting my wallet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amdzar View Post
    any other brands? yonex prices bursting my wallet?
    Plenty, just avoid some economical brands that vibrates on impact (there are many but nobody wants to admit it). For me i'll find the high-end of local brands like Flypower, Astec and RS, they are much better values than YY, Lining or Victor. I am not familiar w/ Malaysian decent local brands.

Also choose the right stiffness of shaft if u are intermediate player; too stiff will be hell to handle (u need a lot of power/stamina) and too soft will be difficult to control/whip.

6. Likes amdzar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sautom88 View Post
    Plenty, just avoid some economical brands that vibrates on impact (there are many but nobody wants to admit it). For me i'll find the high-end of local brands like Flypower, Astec and RS, they are much better values than YY, Lining or Victor. I am not familiar w/ Malaysian decent local brands.

Also choose the right stiffness of shaft if u are intermediate player; too stiff will be hell to handle (u need a lot of power/stamina) and too soft will be difficult to control/whip.
    I decided to go with yangyang will power 900, its a woven racket, still in progress to buy it (by recommendation), and still doesn't know how will it perform, google it for any review, found nothing. The specs is promising for me though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next time if u like/appreciate someone's post, just click on the thumb at the bottom left of that post. It will only show up when u are logged in. Hope u'll like that willpower 900, looks like a high-end Yangyang to me.

9. Likes amdzar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sautom88 View Post
    Next time if u like/appreciate someone's post, just click on the thumb at the bottom left of that post. It will only show up when u are logged in. Hope u'll like that willpower 900, looks like a high-end Yangyang to me.
    thanks for the notice, yeah, but I got it with pretty low price though.