User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 25
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default My Mal vs China experience

    Hi all! I was at the KLBA stadium yesterday. This was only the second time I caught a badminton tourney live ... and it has whet my appetite for more!!! There was a good crowd for the Finals. I was there as early as 1 pm and could barely get a "good" seat (second row from Court No.3). The Thai-HK game hardly had time to finsish before the announcers annouced the start of the first tie.
    The atmosphere was electric...the cheering was wild...especially when Roslin won the first game. I had to admit that I didnt give a ghost of a chance.
    The first doubles was a bit erratic...both pairs played rather unconventionally.
    Chong Wei gave a good try though I think he may have over elaborated on some of his shots. Interestingly Lin Dan didnt prepare much (he was sitting down listening to his walkman while his buddies were warming up)...but in the end he prevailed.
    The HIGHLIGHT was definitely the second doubles...the crowd badly needed a lift after Chong Wei's defeat and man, were they pumped!!!! I had a merry time shouting along. The third singles was a letdown...not much urgency and Bao really outclassed Kuan.
    Some interesting things to share...
    * I was on TV...hehehe. The camera man asked us to cheer as loud as possible when M'sia won a point and we did just that. So the wild cheering u all saw on tv was orchestrated...!! The cameraman tried the same trick earlier on but made a mistake by asking a bunch of Indonesian and Chinese (China) girls to cheer - he was met with a lot of cold stare.
    * There was a lone chinese girl in a predominantly Malaysian crowd in my section who bravely cheered for China. She was of course soundly booed....(she was a great lookin girl so the rebuff was mild...)
    *Yonex had a sale that day. I cant remember specifics...MP77 was sellin at 230 instead of 299. I bought some AS-2 shuttle for RM35 instead of the RM40++ they normally retail for. Too bad they didnt accept credit cards - sales would have boomed!
    All in all, it was well worth the 32 RM I paid. I got a glimpse of many of the M'sian and Chinese players (I just had to lean over the railing to catch a glimpse of them)
    I saw legends like Li Yong Bo, Misbun, Rashid, Kim Hock...
    Sighting of the day: Saw how cool and composed Pramote plays...a great example for us who are not so fast and not so strong now!
    CheerS!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    didn't you bring the camera or even autograph book to get them sign or take a picture with them ???

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was there on Saturday and Sunday too. Just got back to JB in the evening today.
    I was there with my bf. It was a tiring trip.. our backbone got "blueblack" resulted from sitting there for the two days

    We went there early morning on 9am after our breakfast until all the matches end for both days. We only had tibits for our lunch and then had our dinner after that.. nearly starved to death!! haha.. (we were afraid our seats will be taken..)
    However not regretting to have taken two days leave to watch the games, some really exciting matches which we really enjoyed!

    I was sitting beside the "yellow t-shirts" crowd and on the second row as well. (infront of court 1, just beside the media table.)

    Btw, i was cheering for China as well.. but as softly as i can. haha...

    Did you hear an old man shouting out loudly advising the players how to play? He was scolding the players who was playinf as well.. hahah.. so funny!

    I was sooo upset when i managed to get hold of Chen Hong, asking to take photo with him... and.... the carama was low batt!!! we have actually posed for the picture... haiz.. just my luck!! but my last pic before the camera went dead was taken with Lin Dan.

    I have taken some photos at the stadium, will try to post some tomorrow. Going to sleep ..

  4. #4
    Regular Member ants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Malaysian Citizen of the World
    Posts
    13,157
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hooray.. more Bfers going to watch badminton live. Hmmm maybe next time we should have a gathering to watch badmiton live together and hold the banner Bfers! And maybe we could be caught on T.V as well..

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i hope i was there
    my heart was jumping heart, especially the match between roslin-chen hong & chong wei-lin dan...

    how i hope that chong wei can win the 2nd set of game..
    quite annoying seeing the attitude of lin dan actually.. *sorry for my frankness*

    yeah yeah, should take pics with the players, esp all the legends
    i took pic with choon hann, choon eng, chong ming, roslin, hafiz, wan wah, park ju bong, misbun, ewe hock, rudy hartono, pete gade, chen hong, lee hyun il, zhou mi, marleve manaiky, chandra wijaya, & another china player who is very very tall.. (forgot his name, he hasnt been playing already...) few years ago..

    very memorable experience..

    but i still hope that i can take pic with cheah soon kit one day, my idol last time

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by ants
    Hooray.. more Bfers going to watch badminton live. Hmmm maybe next time we should have a gathering to watch badmiton live together and hold the banner Bfers! And maybe we could be caught on T.V as well..
    yeah...i think next time we should make a gathering so we can cheer and chat at the same time...lol...if there's someone (even bfers) to accompany me ...then i won't miss some exciting match in kl

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by yling
    i hope i was there
    my heart was jumping heart, especially the match between roslin-chen hong & chong wei-lin dan...

    how i hope that chong wei can win the 2nd set of game..
    quite annoying seeing the attitude of lin dan actually.. *sorry for my frankness*

    yeah yeah, should take pics with the players, esp all the legends
    i took pic with choon hann, choon eng, chong ming, roslin, hafiz, wan wah, park ju bong, misbun, ewe hock, rudy hartono, pete gade, chen hong, lee hyun il, zhou mi, marleve manaiky, chandra wijaya, & another china player who is very very tall.. (forgot his name, he hasnt been playing already...) few years ago..

    very memorable experience..

    but i still hope that i can take pic with cheah soon kit one day, my idol last time
    same ...my heart was jumping too when i watch the match between roslin and chen hong....and wan wah and choon eng pair up ....really exciting....



    so much photo you taken with....mine is only tsuen seng..hafiz...choong hann...ewe hock ....and beng hong... but it was really memorable ...i still can laugh at the joke that ewe hock said to sairul....
    but now...i dare not to take photo with them...cause they knew me...and that's bad.... hahaha
    Last edited by spectra; 02-23-2004 at 11:17 AM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Bbn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,004
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default -

    Originally posted by shuyi
    I was there on Saturday and Sunday too. Just got back to JB in the evening today.
    I was there with my bf. It was a tiring trip.. our backbone got "blueblack" resulted from sitting there for the two days

    We went there early morning on 9am after our breakfast until all the matches end for both days. We only had tibits for our lunch and then had our dinner after that.. nearly starved to death!! haha.. (we were afraid our seats will be taken..)
    However not regretting to have taken two days leave to watch the games, some really exciting matches which we really enjoyed!

    I was sitting beside the "yellow t-shirts" crowd and on the second row as well. (infront of court 1, just beside the media table.)

    Btw, i was cheering for China as well.. but as softly as i can. haha...

    Did you hear an old man shouting out loudly advising the players how to play? He was scolding the players who was playinf as well.. hahah.. so funny!


    this old man is I think more than 70 years old.

    Everytime there's a tournament in KLBA he''ll be there.

    He's always advising China players how to play in his out of key Hua Yu.

    Once during the Asian Juniors he walked onto courtside adn even gave comments to Koo /ong during the finals and had to be politely told to get back to his seat.

    What a fan!







    I was sooo upset when i managed to get hold of Chen Hong, asking to take photo with him... and.... the carama was low batt!!! we have actually posed for the picture... haiz.. just my luck!! but my last pic before the camera went dead was taken with Lin Dan.

    I have taken some photos at the stadium, will try to post some tomorrow. Going to sleep ..

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by spectra
    didn't you bring the camera or even autograph book to get them sign or take a picture with them ???
    I was in a rush....oh well...will depend on your photos then!

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am not able to post those pictures here.. the sizes exceeded the limit.

  11. #11
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,939
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    scale them down!

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by peyter
    I was in a rush....oh well...will depend on your photos then!
    depend on my photo???

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by shuyi
    I am not able to post those pictures here.. the sizes exceeded the limit.
    yeah....make the size smaller.... can't wait to see those photos

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not sure what kind of pic you expecting, here are some, not very clear though. My camera cannot catch fast motion, so too bad... only pic when the players are not moving!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Not sure how to attach multiple file in one reply... i'll attach one pic in a reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chen Hong VS Roslin
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Korea VS Taipei
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MP 99 to ARC 10 .....My Experience
    By jvsreedhar in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. AS-40 Experience
    By gavias in forum Shuttlecock
    Replies: 3
    : 05-09-2007, 02:10 PM
  3. My experience in China for buying an MP99
    By frhout in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 58
    : 10-26-2005, 01:59 PM
  4. Anyone experience this before?
    By twlih in forum General Forum
    Replies: 1
    : 11-06-2003, 02:11 PM
  5. My similar experience
    By sjoe in forum General Forum
    Replies: 7
    : 03-17-2003, 05:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •