My Mal vs China experience

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by peyter, Feb 23, 2004.

1. peyter

peyter Regular Member

Lecturer
    Hi all! I was at the KLBA stadium yesterday. This was only the second time I caught a badminton tourney live ... and it has whet my appetite for more!!! There was a good crowd for the Finals. I was there as early as 1 pm and could barely get a "good" seat (second row from Court No.3). The Thai-HK game hardly had time to finsish before the announcers annouced the start of the first tie.
    The atmosphere was electric...the cheering was wild...especially when Roslin won the first game. I had to admit that I didnt give a ghost of a chance.
    The first doubles was a bit erratic...both pairs played rather unconventionally.
    Chong Wei gave a good try though I think he may have over elaborated on some of his shots. Interestingly Lin Dan didnt prepare much (he was sitting down listening to his walkman while his buddies were warming up)...but in the end he prevailed.
    The HIGHLIGHT was definitely the second doubles...the crowd badly needed a lift after Chong Wei's defeat and man, were they pumped!!!! I had a merry time shouting along. The third singles was a letdown...not much urgency and Bao really outclassed Kuan.
    Some interesting things to share...
    * I was on TV...hehehe. The camera man asked us to cheer as loud as possible when M'sia won a point and we did just that. So the wild cheering u all saw on tv was orchestrated...!! The cameraman tried the same trick earlier on but made a mistake by asking a bunch of Indonesian and Chinese (China) girls to cheer - he was met with a lot of cold stare.
    * There was a lone chinese girl in a predominantly Malaysian crowd in my section who bravely cheered for China. She was of course soundly booed....(she was a great lookin girl so the rebuff was mild...:D)
    *Yonex had a sale that day. I cant remember specifics...MP77 was sellin at 230 instead of 299. I bought some AS-2 shuttle for RM35 instead of the RM40++ they normally retail for. Too bad they didnt accept credit cards - sales would have boomed!
    All in all, it was well worth the 32 RM I paid. I got a glimpse of many of the M'sian and Chinese players (I just had to lean over the railing to catch a glimpse of them)
    I saw legends like Li Yong Bo, Misbun, Rashid, Kim Hock...
    Sighting of the day: Saw how cool and composed Pramote plays...a great example for us who are not so fast and not so strong now!
    CheerS!

2. spectra

spectra Regular Member

Student
    didn't you bring the camera or even autograph book to get them sign or take a picture with them ???

3. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

I was there on Saturday and Sunday too. Just got back to JB in the evening today.
    I was there with my bf. It was a tiring trip.. our backbone got "blueblack" resulted from sitting there for the two days :D

We went there early morning on 9am after our breakfast until all the matches end for both days. We only had tibits for our lunch and then had our dinner after that.. nearly starved to death!! haha.. (we were afraid our seats will be taken..)
    However not regretting to have taken two days leave to watch the games, some really exciting matches which we really enjoyed!

I was sitting beside the "yellow t-shirts" crowd and on the second row as well. (infront of court 1, just beside the media table.)

Btw, i was cheering for China as well.. but as softly as i can. haha...

Did you hear an old man shouting out loudly advising the players how to play? He was scolding the players who was playinf as well.. hahah.. so funny!

I was sooo upset when i managed to get hold of Chen Hong, asking to take photo with him... and.... the carama was low batt!!! we have actually posed for the picture... haiz.. just my luck!! :( but my last pic before the camera went dead was taken with Lin Dan.

I have taken some photos at the stadium, will try to post some tomorrow. Going to sleep .. :)

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hooray.. more Bfers going to watch badminton live. Hmmm maybe next time we should have a gathering to watch badmiton live together and hold the banner Bfers! And maybe we could be caught on T.V as well..

5. yling

yling Regular Member

i hope i was there
    my heart was jumping heart, especially the match between roslin-chen hong & chong wei-lin dan...

how i hope that chong wei can win the 2nd set of game..
    quite annoying seeing the attitude of lin dan actually.. *sorry for my frankness*

yeah yeah, should take pics with the players, esp all the legends
    i took pic with choon hann, choon eng, chong ming, roslin, hafiz, wan wah, park ju bong, misbun, ewe hock, rudy hartono, pete gade, chen hong, lee hyun il, zhou mi, marleve manaiky, chandra wijaya, & another china player who is very very tall.. (forgot his name, he hasnt been playing already...) few years ago..

very memorable experience..:D

but i still hope that i can take pic with cheah soon kit one day, my idol last time

6. spectra

spectra Regular Member

Student
    yeah...i think next time we should make a gathering so we can cheer and chat at the same time...lol...if there's someone (even bfers) to accompany me ...then i won't miss some exciting match in kl :D :D

7. spectra

spectra Regular Member

Student
    same ...my heart was jumping too when i watch the match between roslin and chen hong....and wan wah and choon eng pair up ....really exciting....

:eek: :eek: so much photo you taken with....mine is only tsuen seng..hafiz...choong hann...ewe hock ....and beng hong... but it was really memorable ...i still can laugh at the joke that ewe hock said to sairul....
    but now...i dare not to take photo with them...cause they knew me...and that's bad.... hahaha

#7 spectra, Feb 23, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

-

9. peyter

peyter Regular Member

Lecturer
    I was in a rush....oh well...will depend on your photos then!

10. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

I am not able to post those pictures here.. the sizes exceeded the limit.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    scale them down!

12. spectra

spectra Regular Member

Student
    :confused: depend on my photo???

13. spectra

spectra Regular Member

Student
    yeah....make the size smaller....:D can't wait to see those photos:p

14. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

Not sure what kind of pic you expecting, here are some, not very clear though. My camera cannot catch fast motion, so too bad... only pic when the players are not moving!! :D

Attached Files:

15. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

Not sure how to attach multiple file in one reply... i'll attach one pic in a reply.

Attached Files:

16. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

Chen Hong VS Roslin

Attached Files:

17. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

Korea VS Taipei

Attached Files:

18. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

China Team warming up.

Attached Files:

• test.jpg
      test.jpg
      File size:
      163.2 KB
      Views:
  19. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

During 5 mins interval. Match between Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei

Attached Files:

20. spectra

spectra Regular Member

Student
    wooo...not bad...very clear shot :D :D ...

all those action picture, normal camera can't do so...only those which can adjust the speed ....the speed must be 800 to 1200 ...no flash....cause i ask one of the expert...and this is what he told me :D

what camera you are using??