anyone in OC plays baddy?

Discussion in 'USA West' started by BadFan_OC, Feb 23, 2004.

1. BadFan_OC

BadFan_OC Regular Member

IT
    Hi everyone,

I am looking for places and friend who plays Badminton in the OC area.

I stop playing for about 10 years and just started playing a month ago. I hope to start playing again and improving my skills and finding friends. Thanks

Frank

2. wickeddrop

wickeddrop Regular Member

Frank,

If you are willing to drive a bit on Monday's and Wednesday Nights, we play at Mar Vista Recreation Center in West Los Angeles from 7 - 10 pm, the cost is $4 but you are provided with as many feathered shuttles as you can use! There are 3 courts but it is by far the best playing environment, there are people of all levels and it doesnt really get too busy, so if you are free you should stop by, a lot of great and friendly folks.

Here are the details

Mar Vista Rec Center
    11430 Woodbine Ave
    Los Angeles, CA 90066
    310 398-5982

3. harimau

harimau Regular Member

ITs, CEs, P&C Insurance Agent
    OCBC

Orange COunty Badminton CLub
    Orange County Badminton Club
    1432-A N. Main Street, Orange, California 92867-3404 USA
    (714) 639-6222 | FAX (714) 639-8392 | E-mail: ocbcmail@aol.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OCBC Is Normally Open Every Day From 12:00 PM To 10:00 PM

Guest Fee General $ 18.00 Per day
    Student $ 10.00

For more info, go to website at www.ocbadmintonclub.com

Come look for me if you want to enjoy good game. I can arrange some good game for you and introduce you to people. Just ask the manager to look for me.

Kurtis Hardi

4. gumbi001

gumbi001 Regular Member

student
    RE; places to play

Hey..if you don't mind driving to the san gabriel area...there is the San Gabriel Valley Badminton Club (SGVBC)..there's always a lot of people there at all levels to play with and ppl are all pretty friendly..the per day fee is 7 bucks and if you're a student it's 5 bucks..and there's a bunch of monthly plans...anyways..i dont have the address, so search for san gabriel valley badminton club..and you'll see the address and phone number.

goodluck.

5. BadFan_OC

BadFan_OC Regular Member

IT
    Hi gumbi001,

actually I will be playing at SGBC this saturday around 1 pm. I play there cause most of my friends live close to there. If you are there, maybe we can spar and kill a few birdies. :D

6. hartski

hartski Regular Member

Hi there Frank! I replied to your introduction post but I'll do the same here incase you don't see that post.

I'll be playing at OCBC tomorrow, Feb 29, at 1PM to 9 or 10PM. My skill level is around novice and intermediate so I guess we are quite matched up. I'll be bringing my friend too which is at my skill level as well. If you're interested contact me at hart_junk@pacbell.net

BTW Brandon tells the truth hehe. Mar Vista is awesome, too bad they have no weekends coz recently I've been busy at work on weekdays!