User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Val is teaching in GTA now, hope she would never read TheComedian's comment. Put everything aside, she probably was the best Canada had to offered at that moment. There is nothing wrong being big and the best at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess so, but even the commentator was trying not to mention her weight. You could tell she wanted to, but didn't. But she made a reference to it, saying that she wasn't hunting the shuttle. how could she hunt the shuttle? she couldn't even anticipate the shuttle. She was stuck in the mid-front court, watching the shuttle wiz by her, or fall in the trem lines. The Thai's took HUGE advantage of her weight (and lack of skill and technique by the way) making her twist and turn, making her use all of energy to lunge herself to the left to retreive the shuttle and then the Thai's would just guide the shuttle to right for the outright winner. It almost makes me angry watching this match. Mike running around like a maniac to pick up his partners slack. Val stuck in the middle just watching the shuttle. Mike had to cover the four corners like a singles player! diving from side to side just trying to add one more point to the score board. He would have done better without her on court in my opinion. she was almost a weakness to him.

Maybe she was the best in Canada at the time, maybe she wasn't and Mike played with her because they were both from the same city. You know, Anna Rice also played in those olympics. I think she would have been a much better partner. I know shes a sinlges player, but I think she was a better choice.

By the way, most players that are big, are big because becuase they WORK OUT and it's muscle on top of muscle. with Val, it's just unecceptable from an olympian in the sport of badminton (in my opinion). Like that Malaysian doubles team. One is HUGE, but its not fat. That is muscle on muscle. And his partner is built like a singles player. Same with Lee Yong Dae's retired partner. Big dude, not fat. Val, is a fat around her waist. Those guys are BIG in their upper body, lower body, and have a big 8 pack under SOME fat. You look at Val when she serves, it looks like theres a basketball under her shirt. I know people who just sit around a play video games all day who look in better shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    I guess so, but even the commentator was trying not to mention her weight. You could tell she wanted to, but didn't. But she made a reference to it, saying that she wasn't hunting the shuttle. how could she hunt the shuttle? she couldn't even anticipate the shuttle. She was stuck in the mid-front court, watching the shuttle wiz by her, or fall in the trem lines. The Thai's took HUGE advantage of her weight (and lack of skill and technique by the way) making her twist and turn, making her use all of energy to lunge herself to the left to retreive the shuttle and then the Thai's would just guide the shuttle to right for the outright winner. It almost makes me angry watching this match. Mike running around like a maniac to pick up his partners slack. Val stuck in the middle just watching the shuttle. Mike had to cover the four corners like a singles player! diving from side to side just trying to add one more point to the score board. He would have done better without her on court in my opinion. she was almost a weakness to him.

Maybe she was the best in Canada at the time, maybe she wasn't and Mike played with her because they were both from the same city. You know, Anna Rice also played in those olympics. I think she would have been a much better partner. I know shes a sinlges player, but I think she was a better choice.

By the way, most players that are big, are big because becuase they WORK OUT and it's muscle on top of muscle. with Val, it's just unecceptable from an olympian in the sport of badminton (in my opinion). Like that Malaysian doubles team. One is HUGE, but its not fat. That is muscle on muscle. And his partner is built like a singles player. Same with Lee Yong Dae's retired partner. Big dude, not fat. Val, is a fat around her waist. Those guys are BIG in their upper body, lower body, and have a big 8 pack under SOME fat. You look at Val when she serves, it looks like theres a basketball under her shirt. I know people who just sit around a play video games all day who look in better shape.
    I certainly don't know as much as you do about Badminton, but last time I checked the requirement for Olympic qualification - I don't believe they had player physique or body fat measurements as one of the criteria.
    You sound like fit and buffed guy - have you made the Canadian Olympic team with all those muscles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^ Lol... And to think she could've done even better if she had her weight under control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
    You look at Val when she serves, it looks like theres a basketball under her shirt. I know people who just sit around a play video games all day who look in better shape.
    Hahaha.
    She was maybe pregnant and it was Mikes, maybe that's why he decided to play with her?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by craigandy View Post
    Hahaha.
    She was maybe pregnant and it was Mikes, maybe that's why he decided to play with her?
    Errrm ... no.

Obviously this thread is going nowhere constructive. Actually comparing a pair that scraped through to the Thai pair that can be the best in the world on the right day and drawing conclusions from it. Their results were never the best so what is the point of this thread: that badminton in Canada sucks dogs bollocks? That is the main theme after all throughout ... Further confirmed by a lean mean fightin' machine's 9 and 7 loss to a barely 17 year old .

'Bubbly Loker' herself even gained a 3rd place in WD at the 2011 National Championships!?! 3 YEARS after being in peak shape! Go Canada Go!
    Last edited by demolidor; 03-06-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Errrm ... no.

Obviously this thread is going nowhere constructive. Actually comparing a pair that scraped through to the Thai pair that can be the best in the world on the right day and drawing conclusions from it. Their results were never the best so what is the point of this thread: that badminton in Canada sucks dogs bollocks? That is the main theme after all throughout ... Further confirmed by a lean mean fightin' machine's 9 and 7 loss to a barely 17 year old .

'Bubbly Loker' herself even gained a 3rd place in WD at the 2011 National Championships!?! 3 YEARS after being in peak shape! Go Canada Go!
    Lol sorry just being silly.
    on another note give thecomedian a break, he almost got 17 points once before against one person

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not sure about being overweight.. I saw many professional players being overweight
    take a look at greysia polii and Markis Kido

there is an advantage of being a big build esp for woman in badminton since those body weight will help them in smashes and shots.
    greysia polii can do heck load of strong smashes without being tired (my nickname for her is "bear")
    Markis Kido is also clearly overweight, but he is once, was the best badminton player in the world

Edit: but really, I must say that is not their best play, the guy (Mike Beres) run like hell all around the court and Val Loker really stays there.. doing nothing
    Last edited by Avenger; 03-06-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    That is the main theme after all throughout ... Further confirmed by a lean mean fightin' machine's 9 and 7 loss to a barely 17 year old .
    Right, and my 21-15 against Hu Yun the world number 9.... that boy (Ren pengbo) is the Chinese junior national champion, taking Song Xue (a player who beat Tien Minh Nguyen and Taulfik on his way to the Australian Open final) to three games in the next round. Id like to see anybody else in Canada do any better. By the way, I can beat the jumior players in China that made it to the semi finals and finals of those national junior Championships. The semi finalist that ren pengbo beat is my training partner at the li yong bo badminton school in dongguan who I beat regularly. Ren Pengbo is something special. he's someone to watch out for in the future.

So once again, fellow BC'ers no nothing of the actual situation and nothing of chinese badminton. Keep you mouth shut if you don't know what your talking about.

10. Likes drmchsraj liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2