Which running is better for badminton?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by katy1997, Feb 16, 2014.

1. katy1997

katy1997 Regular Member

When I don't have trainings I usually go running at the stadium. My question is:is it better to run for a long time and run many many laps until I get tired (in order to increase my endurance) or is it better to run a certain number of laps but every time increasing the pace and the time in which I ran those laps (e.g. first time run 10 laps for 15 minutes,next time try to run them for 10 minutes). I would really like to hear your opinion on this. :)

2. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

it might take some hours until you get tired if you are well trained :p

personally i go for running a certain distance in faster and faster times..

best way to increase your stamina is to do intervall-training

3. katy1997

katy1997 Regular Member

Thanks for the answer :) Sorry for the stupid question but what exactly is "interval-training" ?

4. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Hours??? If it takes hours for you to get tired from running, I think you are running way too slow. :D

5. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

;) true true ^^
    i always run at puking edge :D and way shorter than one hour (many ppl say thats wrong too..but i cannot run slower than i could thats not my nature ^^)

but if youre a decent runner you can run for hours..

intervall training is mixing up speeds - run 30seconds sprint - then 30seconds slow jogging again and again..just as a quick example

6. Juni88

Juni88 Regular Member

Geography Teacher
    Intervall matches the kind of stamina that you use in badminton the most. Lot's of sprints.

7. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Here are some running advice from Russian ex national player Anastasia Russkikh:

To get stronger in stamina, I prefer to run. I try to run at least 2 times a week 45 minutes in a high temp. It should not be easy at all! Then, when tournaments are getting closer, there is nothing better for me as interval running!!!! I do it 2 times per week before or after the practice. Intervals can be so different, starting from 10 sek to 1 minute of max speed to a longer time interval with a 80-85% of max speed. The break after 30 sek interval should not be the same time as running time. So 12-17 minutes of regular work always helps me to stay fit and don't let anyone take my breathe away on the court!:)