Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Park Joo Bong

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

fhchiang, you missed the point

Your academies will not train M'sians if they are not good enough
    Normal M'sians will not spend any money on training badminton if not so talented(will save it or spend on things like education)
    The Academies with training groups (not BAM!) may accept people who are willing to pay (money talks)
    If accepted, the overseas person probably would have to train with the juniors.

One of our BFer's who is NOT a native M'sian trained in one of the M'sian state camps when a teenager. (cannot remember which state now - might be Perak). So I surmise a commercial deal may well be possible.

Of course there are many good players in M'sia I've been lucky enough to play with some of them. One of my regular badminton partners used to be a Johor player. He fatehr would not let him join National training. My friend joined Maybank!

Reaper, are you going to Xiamen as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hey Reaper,

How much is it to train in Xiamen? What is the duration of the training?

I really want to train in China . Joking . . .

YY Fan,

Do you know any training facility/academy in Zhongshan where you usually play against the city/provincial players? Talk about target practise .

Originally posted by reaper
    whoa, I just asked about academies in Malaysia, didn't mean for it to be "blown up" like this, LOL

anyway, my club is sending a team to Xiamen, China this year (in the summer) to train with a coach who was Ji Xinpeng's first coach who is now provincial head coach, I forget his name, the team is training at Xiamen's Sports Academy ... but it is costly though .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Cheung
    fhchiang, you missed the point

Your academies will not train M'sians if they are not good enough
    Normal M'sians will not spend any money on training badminton if not so talented(will save it or spend on things like education)
    The Academies with training groups (not BAM!) may accept people who are willing to pay (money talks)
    If accepted, the overseas person probably would have to train with the juniors.

One of our BFer's who is NOT a native M'sian trained in one of the M'sian state camps when a teenager. (cannot remember which state now - might be Perak). So I surmise a commercial deal may well be possible.

Of course there are many good players in M'sia I've been lucky enough to play with some of them. One of my regular badminton partners used to be a Johor player. He fatehr would not let him join National training. My friend joined Maybank!

Reaper, are you going to Xiamen as well?
    Hey Cheung,

I am not going to Xiamen this summer; I am probably going to Xiamen for three weeks in December, my coach is looking into it for me. That is because this summer I will be playing in a Danish division II club (I believe) in Copenhagen for four months (from May to September 2004). I am getting the opportunity to meet Peter Gade there. It would not be economical to halt my training in Denmark for three weeks, pay $$$ to fly to Xiamen and train there, then fly back to Denmark. Don't you agree?

Hey Pete,

I believe the team is going for 22 or 23 days. This entails three weeks of intensive training, I looked over the program and it is very intensive. The cost is just under $4,000 Canadian, which covers airfare from Toronto to Xiamen, accomodation, food, training, and everything else. The program will be run by Coach Li (don't know his full name, but it is not Li Yongbo) and his group of coaches. I hear the provincial team trains there.

Reaper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

I'm glad to note that there is a future national player for Denmark in our midst.
    Keep up the good work for we want you to succeed, reaper! I'm sure we will hear more from and about you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Loh, but after four months in Denmark, it's back to Canada. That is the plan for now. Peter Gade was saying that he would let me spend a day in the Danish training center, if that happens, I will post as many pics as I can, I am buying a NEW digital camera to bring to Denmark with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The project in which Park, Joobong, is involved is just postponed because of financing problem. The project turned out somehow too large. But the last thing I've heard is that his partner, the main investor, is firmly determined to continue their project.

He is active in the Korean national team just on the request of the Korean Badminton Association. He now left his family in Malaysia and will immediately resume his activities in Malaysia after the Olympic Games. He has got a best running badminton equipment business based in Malaysia. The centre of his life is definitely Malaysia at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Mr Park is a good Coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Coach Park Joo Bong became Doctor

The legendary player, currently the head coach of Japan National Team, Park Joo Bong, who has a nickname of "Emperor of Shuttlecock", now became Doctor. On August 20th, the coach Park got his Ph.D. degree from SoonCheonHyang University in Korea. His thesis title is "Modeling and analysis on the perfectionism, stress management, and achievement orientation of badminton players."

"While leading the Japanese Team, I have come to Korea to study a couple of times a month. Probably I've piled up quite a lot of air mileage," he said.

"You can teach the skills according to each player's style. But I thought mental part is very common phenomenon for all the players irrespective of nationality. The questionnaire responses from the players in Korea and Japan are also contained in the paper." He also melted down his own experiences in it he had felt playing in the Olympics.

Park added, "as elite players are ultimately aiming at the Olympic Games, they get huge pressures that they must play perfectly in the Olympics. This thesis touches that part."

"After my current contract finishes and a chance is open to me, I'd like to help Korean players based upon my coaching experiences I've got in foreign countries for the past 10 years."

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/sports/2...?template=3069
    Last edited by narnia; 08-20-2009 at 01:18 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Park, the best doubles player ever, bar none!
    Last edited by AlanY; 08-20-2009 at 02:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the man MAS needs to help MAS player to overcome the mentality problem....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ^^I thought..^^

..MAS' national squad had him as one of the coaches before??..Are you asking BAM to get Mr. Park back??..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    Hey Cheung,

I am not going to Xiamen this summer; I am probably going to Xiamen for three weeks in December, my coach is looking into it for me. That is because this summer I will be playing in a Danish division II club (I believe) in Copenhagen for four months (from May to September 2004). I am getting the opportunity to meet Peter Gade there. It would not be economical to halt my training in Denmark for three weeks, pay $$$ to fly to Xiamen and train there, then fly back to Denmark. Don't you agree?

Hey Pete,

I believe the team is going for 22 or 23 days. This entails three weeks of intensive training, I looked over the program and it is very intensive. The cost is just under $4,000 Canadian, which covers airfare from Toronto to Xiamen, accomodation, food, training, and everything else. The program will be run by Coach Li (don't know his full name, but it is not Li Yongbo) and his group of coaches. I hear the provincial team trains there.

Reaper
    thats awesome reaper!!! i can only hope someday soon i get the opportunity to train overseas!!! An old training partner of mine from australia Ashley Moss plays for a Division I Danish club currently!! Maybe next year when i get strong enough and if i make the Australian national squad ill go for a holiday to train with him.

Keep us updated its really exciting too see!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..MAS' national squad had him as one of the coaches before??..Are you asking BAM to get Mr. Park back??..
    Yes. He had a become BAM coach before. But last time he did not have the PHD title mah.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradmyster View Post
    thats awesome reaper!!! i can only hope someday soon i get the opportunity to train overseas!!! An old training partner of mine from australia Ashley Moss plays for a Division I Danish club currently!! Maybe next year when i get strong enough and if i make the Australian national squad ill go for a holiday to train with him.

Keep us updated its really exciting too see!!!!!
    Wrong thread perhaps? This looks more like a PM, in fact. Oh, wait. I see now the 5-year-old post you were responding to, itself unrecognizably off-topic for such a thread.
    Last edited by event; 08-21-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think reaper went to medical school in the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narnia View Post
    The legendary player, currently the head coach of Japan National Team, Park Joo Bong, who has a nickname of "Emperor of Shuttlecock", now became Doctor. On August 20th, the coach Park got his Ph.D. degree from SoonCheonHyang University in Korea. His thesis title is "Modeling and analysis on the perfectionism, stress management, and achievement orientation of badminton players."

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/sports/2...?template=3069
    Well, looks like PJB is the second Korean badminton player to receive a Ph.D after KDM. It is not very surprising though that Korea takes education very seriously and even professional players ultimately achieve their doctorate degrees, something very rare indeed!

Both Koreans are world-class Olympians and I can't help but think that their brains might have something to do with their world-class achievements.

Just wonder though whether they have to get their masters degree before progressing to the doctorate after their first degrees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loh View Post
    Well, looks like PJB is the second Korean badminton player to receive a Ph.D after KDM. It is not very surprising though that Korea takes education very seriously and even professional players ultimately achieve their doctorate degrees, something very rare indeed!

Both Koreans are world-class Olympians and I can't help but think that their brains might have something to do with their world-class achievements.

Just wonder though whether they have to get their masters degree before progressing to the doctorate after their first degrees.
    They should and did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast