User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

with such power you're putting thru your rackets, your forearms are probably bigger than my calves...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

visor, no, neither in baseball are too big arms. I trained extremely much to trow things as far as possible with the outcome to winning in competition. More minded to the speed-movement of somewhat Bruce Lee, if it make sense? Speed with power is power when small objects needs to be accelerated IMO?

I learned how to use the correct technique in the way badminton smashes but there are ways to smash harder for me, if you smash with combined the baseball and badminton technique. The shuttle moves unfortunately not so much downwards but it wins over the badminton technique for me. The baseball technique could also be shortened so you don't need too much time to load the smash. If I don't have too much time to load I try to use the correct badminton technique with much underarm, like Lin Dan. When LCW jump-smash hard he is in somewhat baseball technique with the body and also lot of movement IMO?

We use plastic in tournament which make sense to mostly train with them. This is probably the reason I need stiffer racket. The rackets is probably not build for that IMO?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppe View Post
    Thanks guys for your information!

The broken rackets where old, intermediate used and also brand new rackets. Broken in the frame. There where also a couple of test rackets that the strings broken. So now, nobody will give me a racket and a matter of fact is they did turn there back on me the last time haha!

I like that you give your thoughts of more rackets to check out now. Im waiting for feedback from rkep Eric also.

I tried vt80 with outcome of couldnt get power, only snappy when using wrist.

The vtzf1 comes up to tremendous speed in momentum when smashing but flexes to much and to slow. When hitting low backhand infront of body, the chuttle is unpredictble and sometimes moves way out of court? So I think vtzf1 should be used with snappy wrist and vice versa when power is used. IMO.
    Because my backhand is on practice vtzf1 is great there.
    I was using my VT80 as an example that you can get stiffer rackets than Yonex when looking at other brands even though it is categorized as "very stiff".

As an example, the very stiff rackets from Forza, and particularly from the Kevlar line are what I would look into if you want a super stiff racket.
    http://www.fz-forza.com/Forza-EN/RAC...2658&PID=19941

With my previous post and Visor's advice, you should be able to find something for you. If you could try some of the models we gave you before you buy, it would be even better!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutch View Post
    In terms of stiffness i can give you this (just mentioned those i got in my bag and that appeared in the thread yet)
    From Very stiff to stiff
    FZ Ti 555 VS
    FZ 10000 VS VTZF II
    VTZF I
    Li Ning N90III N90II

Dont go for the VTZF II if you break Rackets easily, its got a pretty thin frame and head!
    I remember so many people said Forza Ti555 VS is one of the stiffest around
    then there are Victor Meteor X80 and Yonex Nanospeed 9900

try the Panda Power Ultra Kevlar? not sure which one is the stiffest between their Ultra line though..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try your recommendations.

If the recommended rackets is to light...
    Whats your recommendation and information of lead-tape on rackets? Is it difficult to manage and so fourth?

Regards
    Poppe

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whats your recommendation and information of lead-tape on rackets? Is it difficult to manage and so fourth?

Regards
    Poppe
    most of the rackets these days are 3U (85-90 grams) or 4U (80-85 grams), not sure if you want a 2U (90-95 grams)?
    people prefer 3U or 4U since it is easier to move around
    not many people want to use lead tape esp outside the head area (to make it more head heavy) but by doing so that means you will make the racket more flexible since the head is heavy (same case as the VT ZF)

try the Panda Power ultra line, should be suit your taste. tapered shaft will guarantee stronger shaft, and it is quite head heavy too (if you go for the head heavy one)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if you go to panda website: http://www.dcbadminton.net/
    the only ultra that is stiff enough for him would be the original Ultra... which may or may not be available anymore

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Regards
    Poppe
    the victor powerizer lt-6 is quite good at adding 0.18g at a time

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    the victor powerizer lt-6 is quite good at adding 0.18g at a time
    Or you can save the money and go Lin Dan style, by adding 1-2 layers of athlete tape from 10-2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

I think athletic-tape and lead-tape will guide me in the right bp when I testing the rackets, specially lighter hh ones.

By the way, got injured in shoulder when punishing the vtzf

Regards
    Poppe

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe OP needs to consider a 2U, slightly HH or even-balanced racquet. Ever tried the 9000x ?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nah, that won't have enough swing wt. What he needs is something like a squash racket.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cobalt thank you,

That suggestion you did with 2u and lighter head would definitely be worth trying. I been thinking about that too. No haven't try 9000x, but will now, Thank you again.

There is nobody that have 2u in my area so this looks like its going to be expensive for me to find my perfect racket.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visor

I do train with tennis racket but without speed in movement. I train with speed with just my hands. Try to find better momentum and speed in every part of the body. Therefore I think that the movement should be down sampled in the different body areas. For example, the hip movement should be both strengthen and trained to accomplish higher speed without weights. Just my two cent

Regards
    Poppe

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Need a stiffer racket than vtzf because my hard hit. My past is in baseball and tennis. I do need head heavy and probably lot of it. I have been broken seven rackets in 30 days which was the reason I bought vtzf and strung it 29 pounds. Next I go with 33 pounds until I find a stiffer racket.

It feels like vtzf momentum working against the stiffnes of the racket which makes the racket flex too much, which in turn loosing power in my smashes.
    The momentum "speed" and feeling of vtzf in game such as controlling the defense makes you to easy take control of opponent. My only issue is in smashes.

What do you recomend for racket?
    Li-ning n90?

Best regards
    Poppe
    a stiff but even balance racket will give you a stiffer feel, nanoray800.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think his swing technique is very special and rackets are not designed to his special needs. I use arm + wrist rotation to put the shuttle down and am one of the hardest hitter around this area.

Somehow I can understand that a VTZF can be too flexy coz I've experienced it with a lot of wrist input. I suggest to adjust the swing movement, use a bit more arm and combine the slightly larger swing with the explosive acceleration generated by the wrist. If u do that, the ZF should be able to deal with it.

It's funny. I'd say a VT80 is very flexy and can't cope with the torque. Your wrist must be even stronger to push even the ZF over its "comfort" zone. I know myself that a ZF bends pretty much when u hit hard so it might feel a tad too whippy... I can only say I love such moments, coz those moments are proof for me that I played a perfect smash.

Adjust your swing, use a bit more arm and u might be alright.

a stiff but even balance racket will give you a stiffer feel, nanoray800.
    He can try. Maybe even the 9000X, MX80, Forza etc... head lighter rackets have to cope with less momentum due to the lighter head thus flexing less but if he uses more arm and make his swing bigger he can stick with head heavy rackets coz the momentum will still be the same but with a smaller peak.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sFrog,

We have top-players that compete international which off course use your technique, arm + wrist rotation. I smash harder. I do also use your technique when there is no room for correct extended action. I save energy with your technique but I loose energy when obviously they can return it? Off course I get the upper hand after using your smash but it pays of less when compared using my technique IMO. My opponent almost stands on the back line after I push my smashes causing me to headroom for controlling the game. When raising the racket the opponent moves too much back which I think is cool

I think I will work with lead-Tape to find my racket.

Regards
    Poppe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast