User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can try babolat x feel blast , it is rates as very stiff , weight 88grm and balance point at 290 mm (babolat dot com)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  50.0 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  86.2 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lead tape is not the best option for adding weight, IMO, for health reasons. I believe there is another current thread about lead tape, where Paul mentions a viable option he has been very satisfied with.

From the racquets currently under manufacture, it may be worth the effort to try out Panda's new Ultra Pro Kevlar as well. I believe it is an "old-fashioned" racquet with "old-fashioned" values of strength and durability as the frame and shaft are extremely strong, and now reinforced with Kevlar. Of course, I think OP must look for the 90+ g dry weight, and more even-balanced (290mm?) racquet, and give it a go. Maybe OP could send Panda a PM or email to find out what is available...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cobalt,

I think your right but not necesarly on "even balanced 290mm?
    The problem for me is the same as for everybody, in the sense to find correct stiffnes combined with right hh, dry weight and bp. A lighter racket have more top speed for me and vice versa with heavier racket. One thing for sure is that I need at least 90+ g dry weight and 3u. I loose a lot of power with 4u vtzf. I also like the babolat strenght but I have not tried so many brands. I was almost ordered the x-feel before vtzf but ending up with vtzf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RSL have some mighty heavy and stiff racquet; particularly the gold diamond series, the original X2 Gold (2U) is one hell of an axe and the X6 Gold stiffest is supposed to be right up there too.

http://www.rsl-1928.com/diamondxseries.php

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have top-players that compete international which off course use your technique, arm + wrist rotation. I smash harder. I do also use your technique when there is no room for correct extended action. I save energy with your technique but I loose energy when obviously they can return it? Off course I get the upper hand after using your smash but it pays of less when compared using my technique IMO. My opponent almost stands on the back line after I push my smashes causing me to headroom for controlling the game. When raising the racket the opponent moves too much back which I think is cool
    Surely u have to c what works best for u. Honestly, I am really interested to c the swing motion u have on a slow motion clip. Funny thing is... basically are those heavy smashes where the ZF feels whippy winners from the half court and really threatening from the back court even on the international circuit (with a little placement). After a few lifts opponents usually don't lift anymore and u only have these nasty fast and flat exchanges or net play. -_-

I guess, a hard smash can only be compensated by a heavier one.
    Hmm, maybe the old but good Head Metallix 10000 would be worth trying ...

One thing for sure is that I need at least 90+ g dry weight and 3u. I loose a lot of power with 4u vtzf.
    I loose power with a 4U myself when I have time for the big smash. It's easier for me though to force a lift with a 4U than with a 3U because u don't really have a lot of time when your opponent puts you under pressure with flat and fast exchanges. A lighter racket really comes into play there. A bit more deception maybe, a drive instead of a block etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Poppe any chance of uploading a video of this smash of yours?
    An old steel racket might be the way forward for you. Z force and forza 550VS are about as stiff as it gets imo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doit like this but with much more wrist-snap with using less underarm, if you got the strengt to pull it or using your movement to pull it, causing a much more speed for me. because the impact of the badmintonball is too long, which I think the rackets are not build for. Note, on the video that the back is turn almost to the badmintonnet. This can be exchanged with more movement from back to front, as a javelin-throw. Im going to measure the speed of both my racket and the ball with an app later but I have to find a racket first thats not stopping me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2PBLcp9tWM

sFrog,
    I dont like exchanges flat and fast balls with my opponent in single with hh rackets, if so, I try to chock with a smash-drive to there body so they dont do it, or moving my shuttle to sideways all over the court so they stop flat and fast play. I try to move the game as fast paist as possible which causing my opponent to lay up...then going for the smash or use the advantage to tiring the opponent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppe View Post
    Doit like this but with much more wrist-snap with using less underarm, if you got the strengt to pull it or using your movement to pull it, causing a much more speed for me. because the impact of the badmintonball is too long, which I think the rackets are not build for. Note, on the video that the back is turn almost to the badmintonnet. This can be exchanged with more movement from back to front, as a javelin-throw. Im going to measure the speed of both my racket and the ball with an app later but I have to find a racket first thats not stopping me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2PBLcp9tWM
    Still be pretty cool to see a vid of the man who feels a zforce is to light and flexy What app you gonna use for that please?

9. Likes sautom88 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will use the rackettune app which can hear what tension it is and can film movement and thereby show the speed pretty ackuratess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poppe View Post
    Will use the rackettune app which can hear what tension it is and can film movement and thereby show the speed pretty ackuratess
    Sorry staying off topic here, Have you tried it yet? how do you know it is accurate? would be really interested in this if you can make rackettune work as a speed gun and it be accurate at badminton speeds. Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try it for approve the technique and speed. Accuracy of speedometer is not first but hopefully enough to see what technique works for me

13. Likes craigandy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

nanospeed990?
    superwave35?
    arcsaber10?
    musclepower100(if you can find it in asia?)?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4