User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default replace armortec 900 technique

Hi, i am looking for a replacement of my (broken) armortec 900 T. I love the power of this racket.
    I am a women and seek power to attack in doubles (for mix i play a carlton rage head light) and to counter smashes. I did a little searching and came out by a voltric 7 of voltric 70 but the racketshop where i usually buy my rackets recommend a nanoray, wich is head light ?
    Any suggestions ?

Thx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AT900T is a head heavy balance racket. If you want to stick to Yonex, go for their Voltric range. Almost all Nanoray rackets are head light with the exception of Z-Speed.

I do not have VT70. So I can't comment on it. But I find the VT80 to be more powerful than AT900T. But maneuverability is somewhat not as good due to the heavier head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

voltric 70 would be a great replacement in terms of weight and balance, i think the vt70 is a bit more flexible but i'm not too sure about that because i haven't played with my at900t for a long long time. nanoray has a few rackets that are even balance like the nanoray 300 and 800. if the nanorays are heavy enough with even balance, it might give you enough power. if you don't like head light rackets, then stay away from both nr700...they are the closest to nanospeed9900 in my opinion. the z speed is an even balance racket with a flexible shaft so the characteristics compared to your 900t is way off...very different.

i would recommend you stay with the same racket balance so you won't have to readjust much, i would recommend the vt70. but just FYI i'm a tiny tiny bit biased because i do love the way the vt70 looks as well as it being my first voltric.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The SOTX Woven 9 was considered to be close to the AT900T. But I'd be very surprised if you can obtain any SOTX racquet now...

You could try a 4U VT-ZF, which is pretty fast and powerful as well and good for net play too. It is head-heavy, but being 4U it is also very fast and maneuverable.

Good luck on your hunt for the replacement!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for your advice but i am still not convinced : i tried a vorktric 7 but love more my 900T for it's smash power - next week i can try put a voltric 9 but meanwhile i tried also a Victor lightfighter 7400 and i think i liked that one so still Some doubts

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend had been playing with 900T's for a few years (kept finding old stock and buying more) until he broke all his recently. He had tried to get along with a Voltric 80 at one point, without success.

He tried another friend's Wilson Vertex BLX (mid-way through a tournament) and absolutely loved it. Promptly bought 3.

I have tried the Vertex also, lovely racket but not for me, very slightly too head heavy. I am looking at the Recon myself as basically the same but slightly less head heavy, had one for a week on trial so far. The solidness of touch of every shot is something I've never experienced. The frames are warranted as high as 32lbs string tension on some BLX models. The lowest being 28-30lbs recommended. They really are built for high end competition....

I also happen to know the best place to buy them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I own both Voltric 80 and AT-900T (3U), and I am fine with either. The former is a tad heavier-headed, but adjusting to it should be no problem. Otherwise, practice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried several rackets (VT-80, VT-ZF, Victor JJS, ...) but finally i buy 2 more AT900T.