Arcsaber 7 or voltric 7

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Vik06, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

About me: Im a good badminton player. Im neither a beginner nor a club/semi professional player rather im hanging somewhere between :p i play badminton for 6-7 hrs a week.

After reviewing alot ive narrowed down my choice for racquets to voltric 7, arcaber 7 which do you think is better for me? I play mostly singles and im more towards offensive side.

2. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Arc7 is a 'better' racket than voltric 7, it is made in Japan and was used by world class players. Voltric 7 is 'only' made in Taiwan n geared for value conscious Yonex buyers.

Nevertheless, choose what u LIKE based on 'feel' of the racket.

3. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

Basically im more attracted to head heavy racquets bcz of their power so is arc7 being not tagged as head heavy produce that much power when compared to voltric 7??

4. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I currently own a voltric 7 and previously owned an arcsaber 5.
    With my voltric 7 I feel more in control and have more power and accuracy.
    For me my arcsaber didn't really help or hinder me, but my voltric helped me a lot.
    Also for the price of the voltric 7 it really is amazing.

5. Sifting

Sifting Regular Member

Radio Planner
    As far as I remember, voltric 9 is made in Taiwan not Voltric 7 which is made in Japan actually.

6. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

No you are wrong voltric 3,5,7,9,50 neo all are made in taiwan
    From i slash all are made in japan

7. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Take the Arc 7. You won't regret.

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    see if you can find both from someone and borrow them and hit with them and see which one feels better. i enjoy playing with arc7 because the weight and balance fits my preference, but that's just me, might not be the same for you.

it would be easier if we know what you're using right now and why you want a new racket and the things you don't like about your current racket and things you want in your new racket.

9. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

See earlier i had carbonex 7000df which is a light head racket recently my friend bought voltric 5 and i played with it and i was amazed by its sheer power maybe i loved it bcz i play a bit offensive thats why somewhere in my mind i feel head heavy rackets are my cup of tea but at the same time ive heard great reviews for arc7 from my friends and on the net so im in a state of dilemma :p

10. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

They are not the same level so nobody should compare. Should one compare a BMW 1-series to a Suzuki Swift?
    Arc 7 is high-end and Voltric 7 is mid-end, yr carbonex 7000df seems to be low-end (i'm not too sure, just guessing). If it is made in china, then those are the low-end of Yonexes. Any of the above racket should be better than your current racket.

11. baba1

baba1 New Member

baba

go for voltric 7...its amazing for me...good stability, head heavy racquet ideal for singles and doubles..low cost

12. PugGuy

PugGuy Regular Member

As I was researching ab0ut yonex rackets, came this across this thread.

I've been playing with both the Arcsaber 7 and Voltric 7. Being a more attacking player, I lean more towards the Voltric 7. Though it's a 4U racket, the heavy head provides the needed momentum on smashes and clears. My shots are more accurate and smashes get sharper as well.

As for the Arcsaber 7, the whole racket looks more solid and has much nicer design. In terms of performance, I usually use it only when I know I need to defend more and play with more flat drives. The even balance head allows quicker reaction in drives and defense. The more flex shaft also helps with my clears with less effort.