Bg 80 vs nbg 98 vs nbg 99 vs nbg 95

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Vik06, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

Hi

About me: Im a good badminton player. Im neither a beginner nor a club/semi professional player rather im hanging somewhere between :p i play badminton for 6-7 hrs a week.
    Ive 2 questions

Which string do i use this is the most cumbersome topic to me because i dont have budget to go and string all the strings and test them individually. From reviews across the net i like bg80, nbg 98, nbg99, nbg65
    I want the string to be repulsive and at the same time good in control though the preference is repulsion and yes i want the string to last because i cant get my racquet strung after only couple of weeks. So which of them is good according to the following priority list:
    1-repulsion
    2-durability
    3-control

I would also welcome other suggestions regarding string (though i live in india so ive yonex products more easily available)

Thanks a ton,
    Vikrant katariya

2. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

NBG98. Then BG80. If you prefer hard feeling, take BG80, otherwise stick with NBG98.

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    NBG98 is your answer. The only thing I hate about NBG98 is the lack of control as it's very slippery. NBG99 will have more power with slower swings but less at max swing speed and it way more grip than NBG98.

4. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

I even asked paul stewart and he recommended me bg65ti and said that many international players use it bcz its a good combination of durability power and control not excelling in any but an all round string what say guys ?

5. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I think Paul is right, BG65Ti is not bad.
    if not, try the NBG98 like everyone said
    or Zymax 70

6. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

How durable is nbg98?

7. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    we can gauge the durability by the thickness, thicker it is, then it is more durable, but usually not the best in performance and feel. thinner is better in performance and feel department, but most likely will not gonna last as much the thicker one
    so if you want something durable, go for 0.70mm string

NBG98 is 0.66mm gauge string
    and BG65Ti is 0.70mm gauge.
    based on this, NBG98 should be less durable. but better feel (due to different coating and thinner string)
    Zymax 70 is also 0.70mm string

but really, I might not be a hard hitter, I used BG66UM (0.66mm string) and it last for 6 months now.

8. Vik06

Vik06 Regular Member

Ok look i know this but what i eant is my string should atleast 2 months approx but ive heard people braking there strings in weeks though they string it at 27-30 lbs however i will string it at 24-25 lbs bcz i need more power than control so less lbs will benefit so i was wondering whether .66-68 mm string will last 2-3 months and i play 6-7 hrs a week and yes i dont smash like a beast my smash are with moderate power and not bullets !!!

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    well, try the BG66UM (and don't buy it from your local dealer, most of Yonex sellers there sell fake Yonex. buy it from trusted online sources like mybadmintonstore.com). I don't know how hard you hit, how many misses you will gonna make, or how good is your stringer, so what we can do is trial and error.
    try it and see if it will gonna last long or not. I strung mine @23lbs and it is not bad