User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Towel grip thin?

I'm used to playing with a Karakal grip, just a standard one. And I took it off as it was destroyed and replaced it with an Ashaway towel grip. Kinda feels real thin! Is this just the cheap brand Ashaway that I got? Would it be thicker and more cushioney if I bought a yonex one?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not sure if ashaway is quite thin or not (but really I prefer thinner grip)
    it is not cheap, some people prefer thin, the other prefer thick.

you can try Yonex, I have the Yonex one (forgot the serial) and it is quite thick for me.
    just saying, I hate Yonex towel grip lol..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex has 2 types. AC402 DX is a super thin grip, AC402 EX is the standard type towel grip.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by briskx View Post
    I'm used to playing with a Karakal grip, just a standard one. And I took it off as it was destroyed and replaced it with an Ashaway towel grip. Kinda feels real thin! Is this just the cheap brand Ashaway that I got? Would it be thicker and more cushioney if I bought a yonex one?
    Yonex ones are thicker. I don't think you will find any towel grip "cushioney". The only reason I use towel grip is because of sweaty hands, leaving them as the only real viable option. The feel and cushion of synthetic grips is much better (whilst it last, not long for really sweaty hands). If you have the choice, stick with Synthetic grips. If they don't work and you need towel then you can try playing about with under layers for thickness and cushioning.