Yonex Nanoray for starters and advanced players?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MonkeyMafia, Feb 27, 2014.

1. MonkeyMafia

MonkeyMafia New Member

Student
    Hello,
    I am new in this forum and the whole badminton sport. Im from Germany and I started playing badminton with my wife. Im a half professional table tennis player so im not completely new in techniques of racket sports. My wife is a starter and we need 2 rackets for us to play because we wanna start playing more serious.

I red stuff in the internet about badminton rackets and its kinda "similar" to table tennis equibment.

We wanted to buy 2 of the Yones Nanoray series because people seem to believe in these rackets.

For my wife the Yonex Nanoray 20 should be good, because its a flexible light racket and it forgives many mistakes.

But im not sure about my racket… Should i take the Nanoray 60 or 80?
    I got some friends who are playing badminton too and they said my racket should be more stiff because i get much more power out of it (in comparison to women) and like I said Im not a starter in badminton anymore I allready have the right footwork and technique to be more advanced (of course im not a good club player but I train my whole life table tennis at a serious level Im kind of used to play with racket and I allready got a good feeling with badminton and tennis for example too).

So what do you think? Is the Yonex Nanoray 20 good for my wife?
    How about me, should i go for the Nanoray 80, is it a good racket for advanced players but not to hard to play?

Thanks for your advices guys, peace ;)

2. justich

justich Regular Member

Go for nanoray 80. I believe that's the lightest racket in the nanoray series? I have the racket and I think it's really good for beginners since you don't really have to generate much power to hit the birdie