Help/tips for a newbie please :-)

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Lorrot, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Lorrot

Lorrot Regular Member

I just bought a pros pro tx700 stringer about a month ago and I have only done a few stringing jobs so far. I have read a lot of threads with tips in here and watched several videos about stringing. So far so good.

I have had lot of problems with the last couple of crosses 7-9 grommet hole. its the grommets that was skipped when doing the mains and therefore have a crossover string on the outside "dividing" the grommet in two. Hope it makes sense. in the lower half of the racket I dont have problems moving the outside crossover string Thus making room for the cross.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated because I have allready broken 3 strings at those last two crosses.

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

3. Lorrot

Lorrot Regular Member

I have seen that video, I havent had a lot of problems with shared holes. The ones giving me the most trouble are the holes that where skipped during stringing the mains and therefore having a string crossing over the hole from the two nearby holes. I just cant seem to move those strings at 7 and 9 (76 hole) without damaging/breaking the string. There must be some clever way of moving the outside string to make room for the cross.

4. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

Use floss or an extra length of string. Thread the floss/string between the frame of the racket and the string covering the grommet. Pull the floss/string up or down to move the tensioned string away from the grommet hole to access it.

5. Lorrot

Lorrot Regular Member

Thank You Bobbinbette, I will give that a try.

6. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    use a short piece of scrap string, 6 inches or so, and beforeyou pull tension on the main string, put it underneath so that it lays flat against the outside of tbe frame. you can then take the ends in a pair of pliers and pull the offending main string up or down out of your way.

7. Lorrot

Lorrot Regular Member

Follow up question I just stringed a racket with a isometric shape 22/24 mains/crosses, great succes :) I noticed the shape of the racket has become more narrow and longer, does that come from the tighter crosses or something else? its about 0,7 cm longer, do I have to cut the strings? Any tips on how to avoid getting that deformation would be great.

8. Lorrot

Lorrot Regular Member

and also thank You Rav, that worked out much better for me :)

9. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I usually use a awl before stringing the racket and make the hole a bit wider.

10. Lorrot

Lorrot Regular Member

Just to bump my question if anyone would be so kind before I just trial and errors it :)

11. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Thats a bit odd... Usually doing 10% more on the crosses maintains the head shape. Ive had maybe 2mm of it being shorter... but not 0.7... Im not sure if I would cut it or not.