2014 Yonex-Sunrise MALAYSIA Open GPG : Entry List

Discussion in 'Malaysia GPG / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Feb 28, 2014.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

2. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Liu Cheng will be partnering Li Gen in MD :eek:

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For CHN MS, only Xue Song, Huang Yuxiang and Guo Kai, all of whom flopped at the recent CHN Int'l Challenge at Lingshui ? Why no other CHN 2nd Team players, a bit puzzling (I'd like to see Tian Houwei playing).

For CHN WS, just Yao Xue and Deng Xuan, probably enough to deal with the opposition here based on the lineup.

It's better for Li Gen, who continues to muddle along so far, to partner someone not too high in standard and of his generation than his senior Zhang Nan who is too strong and experienced for him. Pairing him with someone of Zhang Nan's caliber may be counterproductive and pose added pressure on Li Gen stymying his growth and development as a doubles player.

My interpretation of Li Yongbo's statement based on my own reading is that he meant to say if his quest to nurture 100 world champions does not include his son achieving it, then he is considered to have failed his target - an expression of a father's wish for his beloved son, that's all. So far, it was reported that Li Gen is working earnestly and diligently towards the goal but,frankly, whether he can succeed or not is another question as he has to face both very strong internal and external competition. As a CHN player, I'd expect that he won't get too much time or many opportunities to prove his potential if he doesn't at least make the cut in good time.

4. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Liu cheng/li gen doesn't' seem like a fitting combination. Both are known for their powerful smash, but not a lot of all court skills.

How can Li Gen be a champion, even his younger teammates like Wang Yilv and Li Junhui have surpassed him.

5. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    In the WS qualifiers, the #4 seed in Cheng Shao Chieh-can someone confirm this is the 2011 WC silver medallist?