User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by badrad
    I bought seven from a friend who went back to Taiwan, so got them real cheap. I had 3 of the MBR107, and mrs. badrad has 4 of the MB 908. Her's are all still intact. I'm a bit more brutal with mine. The one I broke in the shaft I was hitting a backhand, the racquet head nearly took my ear off.

Last year I tried out several packs of the MMOA titanium string. I thought they were horrible, no feel, and were not too durable. They were pretty cheap though, around $4 per pack, but I went through a new set of strings each week.
    If I remember correctly, the design of mbr-107 is lke mbr-101. The frame is very thin and you can swing it very fast. But this kind of frame is not very strong, I got this information from my supplier. I also break one mbr-101 six months ago. I put 25 lbs with bg-85 on it. In a game, I smashed hard in the back yard and afer these hard smashs the racket frame broken on 1 clock position.
    About the strings, I only try out thier tiantium strings. I get the same conclusion like you.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huijun
    I have several model of mmoa rackets! They are mbr-006, mbr-101, mbr-105, mbr-900, mach power-4000, mbr-402, kelvar power-9000, asia power-40t. I like mbr-006 most. This racket is also designed for pro.Unfortunately the company stop to making the mbr-006 because they have newer models. But I still think this racket is best.
    Besides the mbr-006, I think their other rackets are decent and cheap. But if you like extreme stiff and solid hand feelings, you can't find them on mmoa rackets. I can only find these feelings on flypower(also a Taiwan compant) flagship rackets like F-808 or Tony. About the durability, I think it is ok for 25~26 lbs. Some special model like mbr-105 II can take 30 lbs. I sugget you to try out the Tony or F-808 when you come back to Taiwan!
    Im planning to buy the kevlar power 9000 next week, is this a good decision? thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the mbr-300. Been with me for a year, so far still intact. Pretty decent racket. med flex leaning towards stiff. About 85 gms when new without strings. Putting on ashaway grips I get a very slighty head heavy racket.

regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default kevlar 9000

Am currently using sotx woven 7, just recently I came upon the kevlar 9000. Am thinking of buying this as a spare racket but cant find any review about this. I am impressed about its construction and its finish. Seems like a good racket but then again looks can be decieving It claims that it is woven with hm graphite and kevlar. What do you think????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a sotx 7 88 garms and 292 bal.pt, i bought a mmoa kevlar power 9000 86 grams and 287 bal.pt. its easier i mean lighter to use( dont know if the 2 grams weight difference is noticeable) but its kinda more flexible than my woven 7, power is almost the same but maybe the woven 7 comes out as the winner in this category, but the woven 7 is more for a smasher kind of player i think, and the mmoa is for an all around player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also own a woven 7(89.5 g) and I do like it very much. However I need a back up racket just in case strings break. Thank you for that feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought an MMOA Adampower MBR508 racket from Bowring St, HK two weeks ago.
    Great racket!
    Widebody, isometric head and long.
    Light but packs enough power.
    Flexible shaft.
    Strung mine with BG66 at 24 lbs.
    Very comfortable racket to use.
    Feels effortless to swing it around.
    Highly recommended for social players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    How about "PRO POWER 66" string? Has anyone tried it yet?
    One thing that interests me is that, on the website, it says that this string has "Nano-technology" in it (or made with)......wow....now the Nano tech is moving onto the badminton....

(I personally don't know what's going on)
    the pro power 66 string is thin(0.66mm), durable and good ting sound. i restung 25 lbs with pro power string have already played game over two months and still good. cheapness and good value you need to test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of their merchandise looks pretty nice, i wanna try some of them out .
    alothough i do beleive their shoes and some of their racquets are clones of yonexes. like theres 4 racquets that look like AT700, 500, 800OF, and 800DE...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I've played with a fews of MMOA Shuttles:

Ultra Select: very good flight and probably the most durable shuttle I've hit. When the shuttle even goes, save it for practice, even with feathers gone, the shuttle still flies well enough for practice. A surprisingly good shuttle.

Super Select: similar to the Ultra Select but probably just a bit less durable and flight a tad bit less true. At $12/tube, it's the best shuttle I've hit for the money. Picked them up at www.waynesport.com and plan to go there today to get some more.

Select: currently using. Good flight, good durability. The feathers are noticeably thinner than the US and SS which are very thick but the durability is good. Speed seems a bit slower than the US and SS but it maybe due to the radical weather here in SoCal.

Overall, MMOA shuttles are excellent. Two thumbs up!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoops, sorry, the link should be www.waynesporting.com.

Sorry for the error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally found a thread on MMOA rackets. I'm quite interested in them. would anyone know any information of the rackets badminton shop online has? http://http://www.badmintonshoponlin...php?cPath=1_17 . any information would be greatly appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by david07
    I finally found a thread on MMOA rackets. I'm quite interested in them. would anyone know any information of the rackets badminton shop online has? http://http://www.badmintonshoponlin...php?cPath=1_17 . any information would be greatly appreciated
    Not sure about this link, but it doesn't work for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2