MMOA strings & products

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by bluejeff, Feb 27, 2004.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Hi, I have become interested in MMOA products (since last week) :)
    And I am just wondering if any of you used any MMOA strings before?

A brief of MMOA:
    MMOA is a Taiwan based company, which just started not too long ago. MMOA now is the most popular badminton brands among teenagers (18 and younger) because of its low cost and durability. (I know it's hard to believe, but everyone I asked in Taiwan all have at least one MMOA racket:eek: )

Their products have a wide range as Yonex. They make clothes, pants, shoes, socks, bags, towels, grips, badminton nets, and even Badminton String Machines!:eek: . So I don't think MMOA is bad at all. It may even catch up with Victor in couple years.

PS:
    Some rumors told me that MMOA people were previous Yonex people (I mean the labors) in TW, maybe that's why their products have good quality ? :)

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Do they have a website?

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
  4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Have you tried any of their stuff?

lol, they have a large selection of socks!!(more than 20 different types)

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Many of my close friends have tried them, and they love MMOA.

I am not sure why, but I can find out why and try it myself in March.
    I heard about MMOA's shuttles are pretty good, but I will have to demo it myself since I am a shuttle killer :cool:

Also, besides cloning Yonex's rackets, MMOA has its own designs about rackets. Many people like MMOA's designs in rackets though.

6. Traum

Traum Regular Member

I can attest to the fact that one particular type of the MMOA shuttles had extreme durability and excellent flight path. It last well beyond a game, and didn't die until mid way through the second game. I'm not sure what grade that particular shuttle is, but it was pretty impressive nevertheless.

-Rick

7. clinton

clinton Regular Member

sw engineer
    I have several racquets from MMOA and I like them a lot(even though I still prefer
    YY Ti-SP). I also tried 2 strings Dura Power (70 mm, very similar to BG65 and 65mm).

The nice things about MMOA racquets are for each model they make various
    weights (from 84g to 89g ?) and various balance points, of course, this may
    make it harder to choose. The other thing is their top of line racquets cost
    about US $50-60 in Taiwan.

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Their rackets are good.. but not in the top range of rackets. The shoes , i can say that its kinda yonex clone shoes. not much heel support. I can say that its average stuffs. Strings are not bad at all as well.

9. other

other Regular Member

Student
    their finish looks quite good....obviously helpful for teenagers:) damn those SOTX racquets which play well but look like fakes:( the designs on the head of one of the racquets is asymmetrical...makes it hard to see if the head is actually the right shpe

10. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    they only look good but not durable. a couple of friends in the center where i play have experienced breakage on their newly acquired rackets. good thing the distributor is also from that club. thus, replaced the rackets.

11. frendies

frendies Regular Member

medical
    mbr 105

I got an MMOA MB 105 as a gift last year. I've started to use it yesterday, it does feel good. It's quite similar to my Ti6 but lighter. I will have to use it more often to really form an opinion. The design is pretty cool =)

12. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I bought 3 MMOA MBR107. All three are broken within the last few months. One I snapped the shaft, and the other two both started as hairline cracks that creeped between the top grommets. Nice racquets, but a bit too fragile.

13. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I think you can send them back to MMOA and they should honor their warranty.

14. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Hey badrad, where did you get your MMOA racquets? Is there a rep here in Vancouver? I'd like to try some of their shuttles, cuz I've had some pretty good experience with them.

-Rick

15. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    I bought seven from a friend who went back to Taiwan, so got them real cheap. I had 3 of the MBR107, and mrs. badrad has 4 of the MB 908. Her's are all still intact. I'm a bit more brutal with mine. The one I broke in the shaft I was hitting a backhand, the racquet head nearly took my ear off.

No warranty, nor too concerned about it. Part of the game, a couple or so per year is okay with me. Couldn't get any more MMOA, so now trying out the SAMAZE racquets. Very nice, good handling. Price is cheap.

I tried the black shuttles before, and really liked them too. But haven't been able to get a decent supply. I think ARC sports had been importing them in.

Last year I tried out several packs of the MMOA titanium string. I thought they were horrible, no feel, and were not too durable. They were pretty cheap though, around $4 per pack, but I went through a new set of strings each week.

16. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    How about "PRO POWER 66" string? Has anyone tried it yet?
    One thing that interests me is that, on the website, it says that this string has "Nano-technology" in it (or made with)......wow....now the Nano tech is moving onto the badminton.... :)

(I personally don't know what's going on)

17. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    I have several model of mmoa rackets! They are mbr-006, mbr-101, mbr-105, mbr-900, mach power-4000, mbr-402, kelvar power-9000, asia power-40t. I like mbr-006 most. This racket is also designed for pro.Unfortunately the company stop to making the mbr-006 because they have newer models. But I still think this racket is best.
    Besides the mbr-006, I think their other rackets are decent and cheap. But if you like extreme stiff and solid hand feelings, you can't find them on mmoa rackets. I can only find these feelings on flypower(also a Taiwan compant) flagship rackets like F-808 or Tony. About the durability, I think it is ok for 25~26 lbs. Some special model like mbr-105 II can take 30 lbs. I sugget you to try out the Tony or F-808 when you come back to Taiwan!

18. huijun

huijun Regular Member

engineer
    If I remember correctly, the design of mbr-107 is lke mbr-101. The frame is very thin and you can swing it very fast. But this kind of frame is not very strong, I got this information from my supplier. I also break one mbr-101 six months ago. I put 25 lbs with bg-85 on it. In a game, I smashed hard in the back yard and afer these hard smashs the racket frame broken on 1 clock position.
    About the strings, I only try out thier tiantium strings. I get the same conclusion like you.........:D

19. RedSmasher

RedSmasher New Member

Im planning to buy the kevlar power 9000 next week, is this a good decision? :) thanks

20. Pball

Pball Regular Member

I have the mbr-300. Been with me for a year, so far still intact. Pretty decent racket. med flex leaning towards stiff. About 85 gms when new without strings. Putting on ashaway grips I get a very slighty head heavy racket.

regards